Author Topic: Wow, that was a near thing....!!...and then not.  (Read 176 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Wow, that was a near thing....!!...and then not.
« on: July 14, 2022, 02:02:57 PM »
Almost didn't get any change from my $100 bill!

Then stopped at Tim Hortons for a coffee and a lady in a p-up with a 18" long trailer hitch backed into me and mangled my front license plate, tore it half off..
I think she and her mom were trying to flee, saw me come out, I was waving to my dog. So lady stopped, got out, cried, confessed, "we were talking....and your truck wasn't there when we pulled in, so...didn't see it !!!?"
"Oh, I really like you dog!"

Yep, me too....and 22 feet of blue truck is easy to miss. Can I see your license and insurance please?

I took photos. Mom took photos. Police came for a donut. Mom, now playing my insurance adjuster told the sheriff deputy, "it's only the license plate, no other damage!" The driver, "we were talking see..!"
Mom was being a jerk.
I let them sweat. Took pic of her license,  her ins..
Mom.."what year is this truck?"
"It's blue....., and I don't have to answer your questions,  you're not the driver."

Eventful morning. 
Btw...the woman's license photo is much better looking than she was. Unusual.
Well, Ohio no longer requires front license plates...

Stig

Beth (Loganville GA)  is damn lucky I wasn't driving a Mercedes - that hitch would have buried itself in a merk's radiator. She was backing up.
... until something stopped her.....
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 11:05:15 PM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
Re: Wow, that was a near thing....!!...and then not.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2022, 02:18:20 PM »
That WAS an eventful morning! Sorry to hear of your contretemps Stig, but at least no one hurt.
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()