Author Topic: AK 550 DASH OIL INFO  (Read 907 times)

Quick-Star24

• View Profile
AK 550 DASH OIL INFO
« on: July 16, 2022, 12:48:13 PM »
Just changed my oil for first time a little late....1000 miles....and when I have the OIL option showing on the left hand side of the dash screen it just says OIL and there is not gauge or info at all.

I saw here that RJS mentioned He reset the OIL info after an oil change and I have no idea how to do this and what should be showing there when you have the "OIL" showing on the screen.

Why do they just have the word OIL there if there is no info to go with it? What am I missing? Are my answers inside the manual or elsewhere?

Thanks!

rjs987

• 2022 Kymco AK 550 - Matte Deep Blue
  • Central Iowa
    • View Profile
Re: AK 550 DASH OIL INFO
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2022, 03:02:49 PM »
Just changed my oil for first time a little late....1000 miles....and when I have the OIL option showing on the left hand side of the dash screen it just says OIL and there is not gauge or info at all.

I saw here that RJS mentioned He reset the OIL info after an oil change and I have no idea how to do this and what should be showing there when you have the "OIL" showing on the screen.

Why do they just have the word OIL there if there is no info to go with it? What am I missing? Are my answers inside the manual or elsewhere?

Thanks!

If this is your very first oil change then when you have "OIL" showing on the screen the miles indicated IS showing since the last oil change and not the regular odometer. Set the screen to show "OIL" again and then press and hold the orange button on the right grip cluster to reset that mileage to zero. Same applies to the Belt miles... not the main odometer but miles since last belt change. That's the information that you see. Just like when you reset the trip meters.

BTW, I discovered on my long trip in May that the trip meters, at least for trip meter B, only go to 999.9 miles and then reverts back to 0.0 to continue the count. Noticed this when I used trip B to record the total miles for my trip which was 1374 miles. The trip B meter only showed 374 miles. I KNOW I didn't reset that trip meter and after calculating from the main odometer before and after reading figured it out. No biggie to me since I know how to do subtractivation using the odometer and usually record starting and ending odometer.
/bob
2022 Kymco AK 550 Super Touring Extreme in Matte Deep Blue
RETIRED - US Navy and Air National Guard and civilian career

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()