Author Topic: X-Town Scooter Seat Comfort  (Read 786 times)

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Scooter Seat Comfort
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2022, 07:29:05 AM »
Randy I do concur.  It's weight solely on the spine which leads to my discomfort after a few hours.

I know the answer, I have to loose about 60-75 lbs and strengthen my core
RandyO
IBA#9560

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
Re: X-Town Scooter Seat Comfort
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2022, 07:59:07 AM »
I know the answer, I have to loose about 60-75 lbs and strengthen my core

Let me know how Randy and I'll join you!!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 10:46:52 AM by Neil955i »
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Neil955i

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2022, 07:16:47 PM »
Still no response from the motorcycle reupholstery company in the NE, but I’ve found an automotive reupholstery guy about 20 miles away who gets good reports. He’s willing to take a look at it so I’m taking a run out there in the morning for him to take a look and quote me. Update will follow.

Update 7 Sept - took a nice ride out there yesterday morning to let Rob give my scooter seat the once over.  It's do-able to quote him and he'll remodel it to move the bum stop back a couple of inches which will be great, giving me a useful increase in the legroom.  Will need it for 2-3 days so we've agreed I'll drop it in at the end of the month for the transformation.

BTW his main source of income is upholstery repairs for the motor trade, but he has another sideline restoring classic cars for enthusiasts.  While mooching round his workshop I saw a 1980's Triumph Stag in for a new soft top and seat work and a 1950's (I think) Alvis also in for seat recovering.  Alvis is a long-gone marque which used to be manufactured in Coventry just south of where I come from in Birmingham.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 05:12:02 AM by Neil955i »
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2022, 08:55:17 PM »
Randy I do concur.  It's weight solely on the spine which leads to my discomfort after a few hours.
No issues with any of my 4 scooter seats....after I fixed the LIKE200I's seat...but I  get homicidal after 3 hrs in an airline seat!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

aschrauth

• Have patience, Don't be in such a Hurry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2022, 03:09:27 AM »
Update:  Well after the other week  I now know that I can do 3+ hours in the saddle with no permanent damage!

Still looking for a better ride comfort though and as the reupholstery company never got back to me, as an interim measure I’ve invested £15 in a gel pad to try which arrived at the weekend. It’s now strapped on, so I’ll let you know how well it works.   Edit:  First ride with the gel pad tells me two things straight away:
1.  Most importantly it does make for a more comfortable ride which augurs well for a reupholstered seat with gel pad inlays which would address the other thing...
2.  The add on gel pad raises the seat height by just under 25 mm (1") which is not a deal breaker for me with a 32" inseam, but might be a problem for others?

Makes me want to try again to find a seat upholsterer who can help me in my quest for the most comfortable X-Town seat available!

I work in the nursing industry, that kind of looks like one of the inserts that we put on the patients weelchair to prevent bottem breakdown.
Kymco 125cc
Wolf Rx50 BBK 80cc

Neil955i

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2022, 12:34:04 PM »
I work in the nursing industry, that kind of looks like one of the inserts that we put on the patients weelchair to prevent bottem breakdown.

Ha ha
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()