Author Topic: Brand new kymco quannon doesnt work ? help me please!  (Read 4006 times)

grantourismo

• View Profile
Brand new kymco quannon doesnt work ? help me please!
« on: November 19, 2010, 02:18:55 PM »
greeting

I have just got my new kymco quannon yesterday
after dealer drop it off it work fine
but today i ride to work engine fails to start
dealer send a mechanic over and check it
after a few attempt it started and he say engine is too cold and i need give more attempt to start it

at 11 pm i finish work same drama again it does not start at all!!

i have to push it to some where safe  to park it , i was worried about bike stolen but now I worry the bike play up more

god i feel like i am the biggest dumb ass in australia to spend 4000 dollars on a pile of junk

Is it possible to ask kymco to deliver a new replacement ????

WT100

• 100 countries or bust, 74 so far.
    • View Profile
Re: Brand new kymco quannon doesnt work ? help me please!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 02:44:37 PM »
In the US we have a 3 day "lemon law" that could force them to take it back.  It's worth a try. 

You shouldn't have to deal with issues on a brand new Kymco.  That kind of money you should be able to hit the start button and go.  No legitimate excuse for telling you to "try harder" to start it.  It's not a Harley.  LOL

sparko

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 04:57:46 PM »
The good news is that it started after a few attempts by the mechanic. Now you have to go talk to the mechanic and find out how he did it. don't give up too easily. That bike looks like a really good design. But definitely ask the mechanic how he does it. Good Luck.

grantourismo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 09:38:06 PM »
The good news is that it started after a few attempts by the mechanic. Now you have to go talk to the mechanic and find out how he did it. don't give up too easily. That bike looks like a really good design. But definitely ask the mechanic how he does it. Good Luck.

it takes many go to start it up , kinda of like starting up a 20 year old scooter which shouldnt happen on a new bike

WT100

• 100 countries or bust, 74 so far.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 11:20:43 PM »
You are right, there should not be a "Trick" to starting that bike.  I assume it is even auto choke so noting to turn on there.  Set the kill switch hit the start button and it should fire first time.  I would not accept any excuses from a mechanic or dealer on that.  Not on a NEW Kymco.

shubonker

• View Profile
    • a motorcycle blog
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 02:05:21 AM »
Does it even snow in Australia?  I highly doubt it's "too cold" to start.  I suspect there is some user error on your part or the bike is a dud.  These bikes should not take multiple attempts to start. 

sparko

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 04:18:51 PM »
Be very assertive with the dealer when you take it in. If possible, I would bring it in when it is nice and cold (on the back of a truck) and ask that they start if for you. Watch how they do it. If you are satisfied that it is not a defective bike then drive it home. But you never stated how 'cold' it was when the bike would not start. Any temperature over 0 degrees celsius should  not be a problem. Try some SeaFoam in your gasoline as well but use the recommended amount, I use a little less than 1 ounce per gallon US. It may only be some bad gas in the fuel line. A new bike should not have the problems you are having but eliminate the ones that you can, such as spark plug, bad gas, Kill switch accidentally left on etc. I believe the dealer should be making a real effort to make sure you are a happy customer and obviously he is not.

Agent Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2010, 12:15:43 AM »
It should be pretty much a do nothing start up procedure. Turn on the key and press the starter button. Are you pehaps turning the throttle while it tries to start? You shouldn't need to.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2010, 01:38:06 AM »
o my you want the long story or the short story.  any ways I have had a big issue with kymco dealers
geting a scoot fixed that is under warenty your best bet would be make theam take it back and get a new one to replace the one you have. you should beable to get on your scoot and just ride with out any issues. if you stell have the warenty and papper work on the scoot take it back and get new. try being nice about it frist but if any issues then you tell theam wear to stick it.------------sorry to tell you you this but just the way I fill.  but also I love my kymco scooter and I like there bikes but a dealer should stand by there word.

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2010, 04:06:41 PM »
Maybe old bad gas in it from sitting serviced in the showroom?  Dealer should try harder to make it right.  Call them again and try to be nice at first.  ;)

grantourismo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2010, 12:26:09 PM »
You are right, there should not be a "Trick" to starting that bike.  I assume it is even auto choke so noting to turn on there.  Set the kill switch hit the start button and it should fire first time.  I would not accept any excuses from a mechanic or dealer on that.  Not on a NEW Kymco.

some of the blocs helped me , they ve been ride for years , they reckon it is one small part faulty causing the bike not going any where
However kymco is well known for quality so I dun belienve I need trick to start it up !

grantourismo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2010, 12:26:58 PM »
Does it even snow in Australia?  I highly doubt it's "too cold" to start.  I suspect there is some user error on your part or the bike is a dud.  These bikes should not take multiple attempts to start. 
We even got palm tree here bro

grantourismo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2010, 12:34:44 PM »
Be very assertive with the dealer when you take it in. If possible, I would bring it in when it is nice and cold (on the back of a truck) and ask that they start if for you. Watch how they do it. If you are satisfied that it is not a defective bike then drive it home. But you never stated how 'cold' it was when the bike would not start. Any temperature over 0 degrees celsius should  not be a problem. Try some SeaFoam in your gasoline as well but use the recommended amount, I use a little less than 1 ounce per gallon US. It may only be some bad gas in the fuel line. A new bike should not have the problems you are having but eliminate the ones that you can, such as spark plug, bad gas, Kill switch accidentally left on etc. I believe the dealer should be making a real effort to make sure you are a happy customer and obviously he is not.
Its brand new , so I shouldnt need to do anything apart from pressing the button to start it up
The dealer provided me a courtesy scooter which make me less angry. And he call me 8 in the morning next day came personally to pick it up
He had problem to start it up too, so I told him take it back have a thorough look and fix I dun mind if he spend two weeks to work on it and I want a logical reason it doesnt work ie faulty carburettor not some nonsense drama. If I have to call you again to fix it, I want a new replacement
or I WANT MY MONEY BACK , cause I spend 4 k to buy a good convience not a pile of metal that doesnt go anywhere !

This is such a disappointment, I cant believe I got the 1 in a million faulty bike, generations of my family ride kymco in taiwan , serve them well just cant believe I got a brand new that doesnt work FEEL LIKE BANGING MY HEAD ON THE WALL  :o
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 12:39:40 PM by grantourismo »

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2010, 02:27:53 PM »
thinks happen just stay strong and hold your ground dont let theam push you around.
if any more issues I would ask for a new scoot. or money back. they just may have to take a loss but thats not your fault and you have noting to do with it you just want a running scoot. dont pay no more or no less just a new scoot.

sparko

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2010, 03:20:12 PM »
At this point it is a matter of personal safety that your new bike starts when you need it to. Sitting on the side of the road at 11:30  at night is not safe in general. Make sure you document every occasion when this bike has not performed as advertised. I know from personal experience that a judge will look very favorably on you if you give him  written evidence that he can base a decision on. A bike not starting at 11 pm is a serious issue. Could be quite dangerous. Keep a journal and get your friends/colleagues at work to corroborate these events. Dates, locations, conversations, everything, especially any interaction between you and the dealer/mechanic. You can even use the correspondence from this forum to back you up. This is a personal safety issue at this point. The dealer will also back down rather quickly if he knows that you have documents stating your case. He doesn't have time for a lawsuit. He will lose if it goes to that. Good Luck and start writing.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()