Author Topic: Flood Damaged Agility 16+ 200i  (Read 276 times)

TWR

• View Profile
Flood Damaged Agility 16+ 200i
« on: August 13, 2022, 08:03:14 AM »
I'm a newbie here, resident in Australia:
A flood got to my near new Scooter (KYMCO Agility 16+ 200i).  It was standing in floodwater over seat height for several hours.  Three days after the water receded, I parked it on a steep uphill slope and hit the starter.  Within a minute the engine started and blew all the water out of the exhaust.  I experimented riding short distance - successfully.  Took out the air filter, dried it in the sun, and blew it out with a pressure hose.  Reassemble and it starts OK, but now if I attempt to accelerate or put a load on motor it stalls.  I noticed waterin the oil, so I did a complete oil change.  Switch off/on and it will start OK until I  increase engine revs whereupon it stalls again.  It will run quite happily on idle - if I hold my hand 30mm from business end of exhaust, my hand is quickly covered by an oily/watery exhaust residue - it's not until I increase revs or apply a load that it stalls.
1. Any clues?
2. I am wondering if water could have worked into the fuel tank and be the cause of the stalling?
3. Where can I get a suitable service manual?
Thanks,
TWR

Ruffus

• View Profile
Re: Flood Damaged Agility 16+ 200i
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2022, 02:47:48 PM »
@TWR, welcome here.
1) yes, airfilter off again, might still be clogged

2) yes, fuel might be contaminated with water,
remedy: syphoning out old stuff and refill, change fuelfilter too, when nearly empty put one liter of ethanol spirit in your tank (binds water) take it out then.

3) check up on
manualslib.com

Flood all motor and electronic/electric items on your scoot with WD 40, CARAMBA or similar.
Even switches and all plugs/connectors.

Sparkplug cap and ignition coil, check for sparking towards frame

Gear-oil has to be drained and refilled too, 'cause there is a high likelyhood of water via airfilter in it.

Feel free to ask further Qs, there's lots of people here who want to help.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 08:10:58 PM by Ruffus »
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2022, 05:41:00 PM »
Yep, my first step would be to remove the gas - refill with good gas.
Let it idle for a time until good gas is reaching the engine.
See what happens.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2022, 08:13:50 PM »
  I suggest seeing if Cyclopedia makes a manual for your model. The one for my X-Town is several hundred pages, and very well written with plenty of pictures. Cost about $40.00, but well worth the investment if you do your own maintenance.
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS  Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics, Battery Tender ring terminal cable, LED tag light.         
Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i ABS

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()