Author Topic: Really dumb biker stunt....  (Read 287 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Really dumb biker stunt....
« on: August 17, 2022, 02:56:31 PM »
We were stopped at a light downtown last evening at an T intersection with the cross street at an acute angle to our right, and an obtuse angle to our left. A 4 story building close to the corner on our right....blocking views of any oncoming traffic from our right. So we wait for the light to turn left.

I helmetless motorcycle came roaring from behind us....and surprised us both....by not stopping or slowing ....passed us on our curb side, sailed past us and laid it over in a hard, fast left turn......right through the red light! No way for him to see if traffic was coming from the right. He just rolled the dice.

Looked to be about late 20's.
"He'll be lucky to see 30", my daughter said.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
Re: Really dumb biker stunt....
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2022, 07:27:37 PM »
So across your bows, across potentially oncoming traffic and through a red? Suicidal!
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2022, 08:48:58 PM »
  I see idiots pulling wheelies all the time. The worst I ever saw was a rider standing upright on his seat while riding down the road. Lately there are a lot of small electric scooters running around. Nobody wears helmets or obeys traffic laws. They aren't licensed and all ages are riding them.  Just waiting for an accident to happen.
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS  Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics, Battery Tender ring terminal cable, LED tag light.         
Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i ABS

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2022, 02:16:12 AM »
when I picked up my new AK550, pulling out of the dealer parking lot, I was waiting for a break in traffic to turn right out of the dealer, a left hand turn woulda been an hour wait for a simultaneous break in both directions to turn left. Did I say this was my first time on the street with the AK?

I saw a break coming up and getting ready to go, when someone on a sportbike comes ripping out of the parking lot, zips right past me on my right as I'm about to go, never slowed down, blended with traffic, but I waited for the next break
RandyO
IBA#9560

monkeybongos

• Tampa, Fl
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2022, 02:35:04 PM »
I also saw a guy (early 20s) doing 45 while standing on his seat.  On one leg, even!  This on a 4 lane commercial road.
He was having a lot of fun.
2014 BV 350  "IndiGO" (fast, strong and tireless)
2006 Honda Rebel 250  "Snow Leopard" (stealthy, agile and durable)
2018 Lance Cali Classic 200i  "Black Panther" (smooth, nimble, quiet and quick)
2016 Wolf V-50 (sold)

Wanted a Kymco, ended up w a Lance, but that forum is inactive, so I am here

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()