Author Topic: Where to post about Like150?  (Read 360 times)

dwendler4

• View Profile
Where to post about Like150?
« on: August 28, 2022, 07:59:45 PM »
Hello! New to the forum and I need some technical assistance with an issue I’m experiencing with my 2019 Like 150.

Before I post about my issue I want to make sure I’m doing so in the right place. I do not see a dedicated section for the Like 150, only the 200. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance!

rjs987

• 2022 Kymco AK 550 - Matte Deep Blue
  • Central Iowa
    • View Profile
Re: Where to post about Like150?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2022, 08:12:17 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

Not missing anything... except the section for the 150i. There is no section for the AK 550 either.
You can throw any technical questions and information into the Technical / How To sub forum. That would be my guess for the best location for technical questions.

Some members just throw any post into any location. Sometimes I guess it's just too hard to navigate out of the thread they are in, even if unrelated, to find a more appropriate thread or create their own thread. But I digress... Maybe that's just me.
/bob
2022 Kymco AK 550 Super Touring Extreme in Matte Deep Blue
RETIRED - US Navy and Air National Guard and civilian career

dwendler4

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2022, 08:15:43 PM »
Yeah I totally agree. Posting in the right place is the best way to get the info you’re after. Thank and I’ll post in the technical section.

Odd that there isn’t a place for the 150… I wonder why that is

rjs987

• 2022 Kymco AK 550 - Matte Deep Blue
  • Central Iowa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2022, 09:44:24 PM »
Many of us have wondered that for a few years.
/bob
2022 Kymco AK 550 Super Touring Extreme in Matte Deep Blue
RETIRED - US Navy and Air National Guard and civilian career

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2022, 09:53:45 AM »

Odd that there isn’t a place for the 150… I wonder why that is

As far as I can tell dwendler, the forum is technically obsolescent. See the Error message appearing at the foot of messages, lack of newer model threads, incompatibility with Apps like tapatalk (which just stopped working one day about 18m ago) etc.

We have Moderators, but there’s been no technical development ever since I’ve been on here - about 4 years. Which is a shame because it’s an active forum populated with some of the nicest, most knowledgeable people I’ve had the pleasure of virtually meeting!
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2022, 12:25:46 AM »
Welcome to the forum.

Not missing anything... except the section for the 150i. There is no section for the AK 550 either.
You can throw any technical questions and information into the Technical / How To sub forum. That would be my guess for the best location for technical questions.

Some members just throw any post into any location. Sometimes I guess it's just too hard to navigate out of the thread they are in, even if unrelated, to find a more appropriate thread or create their own thread. But I digress... Maybe that's just me.

no K-Pipe section either, it's like the model doesn't exist,  many of the moto-vendors let you have a "garage" for easier searching for products....... and 99% of em don't have k-pipe on the list, some of em don't even have Kymco

shouldn't be treated the same way here
RandyO
IBA#9560

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2022, 06:44:57 AM »
I am guessing the hardware for this forum is pretty  basic and limited with very little room for increased features. However, the principles are essentially the same for all models. As far as the brand, this forum is it as far as I know plus the specific tech detail is here and nowhere else. The dealers are not the fountain of information they should be.

The Like models are pretty much...well, A-LIKE!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2022, 11:54:56 AM »
Welcome to the forum.

No section for the X-Town 300i either!
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS  Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics, Battery Tender ring terminal cable, LED tag light.         
Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i ABS

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2022, 12:13:59 PM »

No section for the X-Town 300i either!

Something I whinged about a couple of years ago Mike!  I now tend to post in the Downtown section and (when I remember) put X-Town 300 in the Subject line.
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()