Author Topic: Productive morning - Oil change & PSI'd the tires!  (Read 280 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Productive morning - Oil change & PSI'd the tires!
« on: October 05, 2022, 08:06:14 PM »
Hit my fav National Pit Stop oil change shop with my Silvertornado this morning.
While watching them check each of my tires PSI (and checking/topping all my fluids, checked my air filter, drained my oil and spun on a new filter in 15 mins flat)....I got to wondering when the last time was I checked my scooters tires.

"How old were the kids?"

Geez - I hate checking the tires on my 2 scooters! I'd sooner change the oil!
3 needed some air. some more than others.
Was laying there next to my LIKE's front tire thinking - "is it the LIKE... or was it my old beetle which took 16lbs in the front tire?"

If so, - this 13lbs I'm seeing here isn't too far south.
Nope. The LIKE takes 25. I checked my owner's manual.

That goofy externally mounted tire valve on the rear of the Liberty is still keeping the inflation spot-on!

Do not know why I hate crawling around doing the tires. Get the mat to lay on, find the tire gauges, get things plugged in, wrestle that hose fitting on the tire, etc.!
Put everything away.

The lady at the oil change place was flirting with me. Maybe.
Said I reminded her of Magnum PI (might have been my flowered Hawaiian shirt?)....and said i had a nice beard and that I obviously take good care of my vehicles!
Of course - I've already forgotten what she said her name was.......

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Productive morning - Oil change & PSI'd the tires!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2022, 12:34:29 PM »
the cooler the weather, the more they drop!...but 13 lbs? Yikes!...do you need a bi weekly email reminder?  :P

My Kymco (with 16" wheels) is a dream to check and fill the tires...back wheel can be spun on centerstand and front has very little weight on it so can also swing it around by hand to get valve access.

My Helix? That is awful. Back 10" wheel is blocked on both sides ...put kneeling pad on ground and kneel in back on swingarm side. Air pump nor tire gauge will not fit directly on valve so I attach a 6" extension to it, first, then can check or fill off that.

Front is almost worse. It has a straight valve stem (shop claimed they were out of 90 degree stems at tire change time)...can't get air pump on it or the extension I use in back. I first have to SCREW on a little metal 90 degree extension....sssssss as I screw it on, check air, fill, and unscrew to remove..ssssssssss....no idea how much air escapes so I have to slightly overfill and hope I unscrew it fast enough to not lose too much air.

I still check before each ride as my rides seem to be many days to weeks apart, anymore..
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2022, 02:08:37 PM »

The lady at the oil change place was flirting with me. Maybe.
Said I reminded her of Magnum PI (might have been my flowered Hawaiian shirt?)....and said i had a nice beard and that I obviously take good care of my vehicles!
Of course - I've already forgotten what she said her name was.......

Stig

Which is how it should be!!  I'm due both an oil change and pressure check on the Kymco, but it can wait a few days until I'm fighting fit again - like you I don't enjoy scrabbling around on the garage floor.
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2022, 05:27:25 PM »
Which is how it should be!!  I'm due both an oil change and pressure check on the Kymco, but it can wait a few days until I'm fighting fit again - like you I don't enjoy scrabbling around on the garage floor.
I told my daughter about my oil change experience.
She said "you'd be smart not share that with mom."
I forgot.
Told the story over dinner.

Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2022, 08:37:49 AM »
You do enjoy living dangerously don’t you?
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()