Author Topic: might be in warm water on the Vespa forum...  (Read 416 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
might be in warm water on the Vespa forum...
« on: November 18, 2022, 10:53:56 PM »
After looking at the recent PicNic, the Justin Bieber, and the $22K Dior 946 models -  I mentioned that it seems that Vespa is running out of marketing ideas.
I did not say "marketing ideas for adults" - but that is what I was thinking. It is one thing to think something - but it's a whole 'nother thing to say such a thing out loud to these Vespa folks!
I was also thinking - but did not say out loud, that maybe Vespa should focus instead on fixing the constantly failing fuel pumps on their pricey 300 models....which has been going on for years. Or maybe do something serious to combat the rust that gets to the belly of these things. VW used a thick sealant along the lower valances - then painted over it to make that area tough against grit. Spray the bottom of these scooters - paint over it. Why is the paint chipping & rust issue not addressed??

Anyway - I'm already an outsider - owning a plastic Piaggio, not a real Vespa - which at $3099.oo has the same aircooled, 3 valve 150 i-Get motor as the Beeb's, and all of those very pricey 946's!

I like Vespas - handsome scooter - but my goodness how those folks fret over, and complain about the service costs, of their little metal Rolls Royce's!

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

NorWeWa

• View Profile
Re: might be in warm water on the Vespa forum...
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2022, 11:36:13 PM »
The cost for 2023 Vespa scooters took a big increase. 

Art 

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2022, 10:02:01 AM »
Overpriced fashion statements here too!
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

NorWeWa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2022, 05:27:11 PM »
I have noticed with a lot of Vespa buyers  that price is not a deciding factor in the purchase. 

Art 

scooter freak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2022, 01:10:11 AM »
you might get yourself in trouble on this one. Vespa makes collectable scooters and charges a lot for them. seems like a good idea to me, great marketing and they do sell. I admire all of your work with tutorials and pictures so remember price isn't always the value.
I remember when the first 946's came out and were 10 grand, they sold out like crazy and used ones still bring that price. while I love the Kymco like200 I own, it really is a total copy of the Vespa. we could debate this all day
Rolex vs Timex
Mercedes vs Mitsubishi
I would not be surprised if you get some angry Vespa owners. other that keep up the good work. I used your how to this weekend when changing over my plastic tires to the new Michelin city grip 2's

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2022, 09:23:20 AM »
I predict you'll love your new CG2s ScooterFreak!
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()