Author Topic: Snow near Adriatic sea...  (Read 9164 times)

axy

• View Profile
Snow near Adriatic sea...
« on: November 27, 2010, 10:11:06 PM »
Well, it is not scoot related, but anyway... take a look at what I survived yesterday. :)

http://www.kia-forums.com/kia-ceed-forum/64342-let-snow-let-snow.html#post320450
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

Rianna

• View Profile
Re: Snow near Adriatic sea...
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 10:13:27 PM »
Wow, axy. You get all the weather over your way!!

Hey, axy, are you anywhere near Yugoslavia in Croatia? I have some friends there so I was just wondering.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 10:34:50 PM »
Wow, axy. You get all the weather over your way!!

Hey, axy, are you anywhere near Yugoslavia in Croatia? I have some friends there so I was just wondering.

:)
Yugoslavia is a former state that does not exist in its integral form since 1991.
The new states are Croatia, Slovenia, Serbia, Bosnia, Macedonia and Montenegro.
I am from Croatia.
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 10:39:04 PM »
Yes, I thought it was a former state. I am thinking they may be closer to Serbia then perhaps. I used to have maps on the wall to tell me such things, but no longer. I can always google a map. Just thought I would ask since you would know. Thanks axy!

Oh, did your fuel sensor arrive yet from that place?

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 10:41:40 PM »
Yes, I thought it was a former state. I am thinking they may be closer to Serbia then perhaps. I used to have maps on the wall to tell me such things, but no longer. I can always google a map. Just thought I would ask since you would know. Thanks axy!

Oh, did your fuel sensor arrive yet from that place?

If you look from Italy towards east, roughly it goes like this: Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia.
Slovenia is a member of EU, Croatia is not yet, but will be soon.

Indeed, it has arrived five days ago!
I have already posted that I have ordered from them also the belt and air filter!

The guys are great!
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 10:48:10 PM »
I do remember Bosnia-Herzegovina now. I have a good idea where your country is now. I never realized it was so cold there.

Wow, that is awesome! I must have missed the post. It came earlier than expected then! This is good. I hope that place will same you some frustrations with parts. :)

ts1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 10:59:12 PM »
Can't see pictures, as I'm not a member of that forum.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2010, 01:52:21 PM »
I do remember Bosnia-Herzegovina now. I have a good idea where your country is now. I never realized it was so cold there.

I live near the sea, the climate is Mediterranean (meaning, hot summers and mild winters, think California, I guess...) and that's why I posted this message... snow storm at the end of November is not exactly common here...
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2010, 03:37:52 PM »
Oh, Yes, axy...California has fairly nice year round riding weather...I enjoyed it when I was there. I am thinking that Florida may have offered less smog and some prettier trees and greenery, though. Do you have big cockroaches there in Croatia? I have seen some fairly huge ones in the U.S. in various states. I also recall seeing some very large black bugs similar to beetles...about the size of a small turtle...along the side of the road at night in Georgia. I wonder if you have squirrels that run out in the road in front of your scoot there in the warmer months like we do here.

Perhaps your winter is starting early there this year? Good thing you have those heated grips on your scoot...you may need them! :)

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2010, 08:45:16 PM »
Oh, Yes, axy...California has fairly nice year round riding weather...I enjoyed it when I was there. I am thinking that Florida may have offered less smog and some prettier trees and greenery, though. Do you have big cockroaches there in Croatia? I have seen some fairly huge ones in the U.S. in various states. I also recall seeing some very large black bugs similar to beetles...about the size of a small turtle...along the side of the road at night in Georgia. I wonder if you have squirrels that run out in the road in front of your scoot there in the warmer months like we do here.

Perhaps your winter is starting early there this year? Good thing you have those heated grips on your scoot...you may need them! :)

No cockroaches here, at least not in well maintained buildings. :)

Squirrels do not usually run in the road, but unfortunately you can encounter many roadkills - cats, hedgehogs, weasels and sometimes foxes.
Quite often people crash into deers or - bears. Unfortunately, sometimes trains hit bears, or bear mums with cubs. :(

In fact, just 10 kms from my house there is a big forrest with "a tribe" of 11 bears.
Deers are omnipresent.

Just to make it clear, I live in an urban area, in fact, in suburbs of a city of 200.000 inhabitants.

We also have here lynxes, wolves, an animal very similar to North American coyote and a few other critters like otters, beavers, badgers, wild cats etc.
Nothing too exotic. :)

---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2010, 03:47:30 AM »
Hi, axy! :)

Some of my friends from over near your country are visiting this week. If they stop to see me in the next day or two, I will have one of them (or their children) type a nice holiday greeting in your language for you and your family. :)

I'm still wondering if the fox you have is the red fox. I like them. I almost hit a bear cub here with a car one time. He ran across the road right in front of me. He was BIG for being a cub! I probably would have cried if I hadn't been able to stop in time and ended up hitting him. I would like to see the lynx one day. They look beautiful in pictures. Some people actually hunt coyotes here. They put ads on Craigslist that they will clear your land of coyotes for you for free if you contact them.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2010, 09:51:08 AM »
I think it should be the red fox.
Here is a typical Croatian furry critter:

---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2010, 12:33:49 PM »
you should put skis on that moped

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2010, 03:19:06 PM »
Actually, I am working on a project with a friend to make snow chains for People.
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2010, 05:28:27 PM »
I think I saw a picture online one time with skis attached to a scoot. :D

Snow chains would be great!

Hi, axy. My friends have came and left. Sadly, they did not have a great deal of time to spend this trip so we did not even turn the computer on while they were here. I hope you had a nice holiday. Do you celebrate St. Stephen's Day as well? I read about it on Wikipedia and wondered. If you do, I hope it was a nice day for you. (I don't know who St. Stephen is, but then a lot of folks probably don't know who St. Valentine is either.)

Wow, on the globe it looks like you are possibly closer to Germany than Albania!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()