Author Topic: Snow near Adriatic sea...  (Read 9163 times)

axy

• View Profile
Re: Snow near Adriatic sea...
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2011, 01:19:10 PM »
Also, before I forget, I wanted to tell you that my friends were supposed to come for a visit on Thursday, but they were delayed due to some unavoidable business. I did tell them of your message so I expect, if time permits, that they will type in another short message this week when they arrive.

Do you have newspapers there, axy? I am hoping to ask them to bring me a current newspaper. Would they be able to do that? I know there are places here to buy newspapers from around the world, but not in my city. :(

Have a great day, axy! :)

Hi Rianna,

dozens of daily newspapers and hundreds of periodicals, of course, are printed here.

Btw. I have to disappoint you, the distance between me and Moscow is roughly the distance between East Coast and West Coast USA. :) :)
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2011, 03:05:30 PM »
:D

Don't worry, axy. I'm not very disappointed. I do know that my thoughts and posts after the midnight hour tend to be senseless. Things always look different in the morning light. :)

Thank you though. I've been trying to think of something small they could bring to me that wouldn't be an inconvenience for them. I think a current newspaper or small magazine of some sort will do well. When I was in Chicago, I could easily buy newspapers from many countries, and I enjoyed looking at them all. The only thing I've seen in print here in another language is a very small paper written in Spanish and it was actually in a city to the north of mine. :)

Agent Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2011, 07:04:20 PM »
Almost all newspapers and periodicals around the world post online versions of their publications Rianna, so click a mouse and save a tree. LOL

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2011, 07:08:07 PM »

Don't worry, axy. I'm not very disappointed. I do know that my thoughts and posts after the midnight hour tend to be senseless. Things always look different in the morning light. :)

Thank you though. I've been trying to think of something small they could bring to me that wouldn't be an inconvenience for them. I think a current newspaper or small magazine of some sort will do well. When I was in Chicago, I could easily buy newspapers from many countries, and I enjoyed looking at them all. The only thing I've seen in print here in another language is a very small paper written in Spanish and it was actually in a city to the north of mine. :)

Rianna, Miss America 2011 (and Miss Nebraska) is Croatian, Teresa Scanlan. :)
http://www.missamerica.org/competition-info/national-contestants.aspx?state=Nebraska&year=2011&GO=GO
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

ts1

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2011, 07:31:05 PM »
Almost all newspapers and periodicals around the world post online versions of their publications Rianna, so click a mouse and save a tree. LOL
But some people appear to think, non-US residents would still live in the trees or caves.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2011, 08:48:04 PM »
But some people appear to think, non-US residents would still live in the trees or caves.

You are very naughty boy! :)

To promote understanding between people and dispel these rumors, I will post a few pics I took this afternoon.
They are taken from Roman castle (later medieval fortress) overlooking my hometown and show panoramic view of the city itself towards open sea.
You will notice that we have even mastered the technology of road and skyscraper building! :)

---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2011, 08:49:13 PM »
A few more pics...
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2011, 11:08:37 PM »
@ Agent Bob
So you think I should ask them for something else from their country? Any ideas?

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2011, 11:08:56 PM »
@ts1
LOL! I don't think you live in a tree or a cave.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2011, 11:09:19 PM »
Hi, axy! :)

She is beautiful...And to have such great goals at only 17 years of age is wonderful.

Oh, axy, you country is beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing your pictures!!

You must have a really great camera and some great image software too! I can zoom all the way in and check out the water even. And that view from the rooftop!! Amazing!

It looks like you had a really great day.

I do wonder what MIR JUNAKA means? :)

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2011, 12:07:25 AM »

I just realized why ts1 said that - you do know, don't you ts1, that it was past 3:30 AM when I decided to ask axy if he had newspapers where he lived?? :D

Okay, you got me...I suppose I could have worded it better. I was making polite conversation, though, in hopes that axy would offer up the name of a specific newspaper, since he always has facts and figures and links handy, and since I would have no idea of the names of such newspapers.

I do love your pics, axy!

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2011, 09:13:00 AM »

She is beautiful...And to have such great goals at only 17 years of age is wonderful.

Oh, axy, you country is beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing your pictures!!

You must have a really great camera and some great image software too! I can zoom all the way in and check out the water even. And that view from the rooftop!! Amazing!

It looks like you had a really great day.

I do wonder what MIR JUNAKA means? :)

Hi Rianna,

to explain what "mir junaka" means, we have to go 200 years back in history. At the time, my country was a part of Austro-Hungarian empire, and this particular castle was given as a present for the faithful service to the Empire to one of their leading generals/military strategists, general Nugent (who was actually Irish). This building is his mausoleum and "mir junaka" means "peace of the hero". It is a bit strange wording even in my language, but it roughly has the meaning of "may the hero rest in peace". More info on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trsat , in English.

If you have heard of Russian space orbital station "MIR", it is the same word, meaning "peace".
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2011, 01:13:00 PM »
Wow, a 200 year old castle!? Yes, I see the strange wording. Every hero deserves to rest in peace. Thank you for the link, axy. I will look at it, and I will read more about this Irishman.

Have a Great Day today! :)

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2011, 01:35:58 PM »
Actually, this castle is more than 2000 years old, from the time of Roman empire conquests. It was their fortress.
However, this guy got a hold of it 200 years ago. :)
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2011, 08:07:02 PM »

Wow! A 2,000 year old castle?!! Oh, axy, I do so wish you had not told me that, because now I want to see it, and touch it, and experience it inside and out, from the bottom floor to the top. That rooftop view really is amazing!! I love your pics, axy. Thank you!! :)

My friend says to tell you this. I have not looked it up, so I have no idea what it means or why it's important, but after he read all of your posts in this topic in one sitting he wrote this down and told me to tell you this. I hope it's something nice and that it's not offensive or bad words.

BUDI MIRAN

He told me another thing, too, if I can find the paper he wrote it on I will PM it to ya later. I think it's time for this hero to take a long overdue rest. :)

Bye, axy! Have a Great Day, axy!! :)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()