Author Topic: for you guys who forgot what 90 mins before sunup looks like!  (Read 342 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
for you guys who forgot what 90 mins before sunup looks like!
« on: December 15, 2022, 03:56:55 PM »
Light pollution from the west. Dayton? Xenia?

really like the fresh lines ~!

Yellow Springs Pharmacy
m o i s t morning (did rain on my way home)

Stig

« Last Edit: December 15, 2022, 04:00:50 PM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
Re: for you guys who forgot what 90 mins before sunup looks like!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2022, 10:40:44 AM »
Nice reminder Stig.  In my defence, I did ride home from a late night meeting last night and the dash showed the ambient temperature as -4C on its way to -8C later!  It's been some years since I did that and now I recall why.  The cold getting through my layers wasn't the issue, the possiblity of chucking my scoot up the road on black ice was!  Rode like a vicar all the way home.

Reversing the scoot back into my garage revealed another issue.  Rear brake dragging.  Maybe ice, maybe the road salt has got to the caliper?  Too cold in my garage to investigate.  It can wait 'til next week when we're supposed to be enjoying more temperate (if wet) weather.
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2022, 11:44:34 AM »
Nice reminder Stig.  In my defence, I did ride home from a late night meeting last night and the dash showed the ambient temperature as -4C on its way to -8C later!  It's been some years since I did that and now I recall why.  The cold getting through my layers wasn't the issue, the possiblity of chucking my scoot up the road on black ice was!  Rode like a vicar all the way home.
Absolutely agree.
Crashing on ice in the dark is my No.1 winter riding concern!
I study temps prior to my planned ride....air and road temps!
I can ride another day.
Worst ride I had was taking scooter to work, weatherman lied about snow chances. I was nearly hit during my ride home in heavy falling snow by an idiot in busy city traffic!
Not fun to ride while thinking you're risking your equipment.
Glad you made it w/o incident!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Mancashire

• NE Ohio B400
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2022, 09:43:14 PM »
Stig - that looks a lot like the sky when I go to bed  :)

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2022, 10:28:41 AM »

Reversing the scoot back into my garage revealed another issue.  Rear brake dragging.  Maybe ice, maybe the road salt has got to the caliper?  Too cold in my garage to investigate.  It can wait 'til next week when we're supposed to be enjoying more temperate (if wet) weather.

You're brave; I've laid mine up under the cover whilst waiting for this cold snap to pass. We have a few days now before it turns cold again on Friday!
Rides;

Suzuki GW250 Inazuma (2016)
Honda C70C (red, 1983)

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2022, 10:59:21 AM »
You're brave; I've laid mine up under the cover whilst waiting for this cold snap to pass. We have a few days now before it turns cold again on Friday!

Not really, I had no choice.  The kids' cars were blocking the wife's car in and they were up the pub.  I could wriggle the scooter out, but not the car!  I'll walk or take the bus next time :)
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()