Author Topic: RE sad story on my Quannon  (Read 3505 times)

grantourismo

• View Profile
RE sad story on my Quannon
« on: November 30, 2010, 11:12:17 AM »
ok as you guyz know my brand new quannon failed to work on the seconday
the dealer has taken it back for repair
it has been a week (I said to them they can have two weeks to fix it just have to be 100% sure it is working when I got it back)

the dealer e mail me they change a jet in the carb but problem remains so a kymco representative arrived and they decided to
swap the CDI and they re testing it daily hot and cold.

One thing that really frustrated me is if the bike fails to work and I wanna an exchange but the dealer is very firm
to not to exchange but repair under warranties. I am thinking if I got it back and still not working if I filed a complaint to Fair trading
who is suppose to look after consumer , are they any good?
Because I dont really want to wait for two month reply and all that beaurecrat carp ...
has anyone ever done that before ???

Rianna

• View Profile
Re: RE sad story on my Quannon
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 02:24:29 PM »
It is normal for the dealer to attempt to repair a problem under warranty before even considering replacement. They may find a defective part and solve the problem. If you get it back and it's still not working then you will be able to request an exchange for a new one. I imagine the dealer has to follow the policy and procedures that are set in place by the manufacturer. I am thinking you are still a few steps away from filing a complaint. Have you asked about a loaner while the process is ongoing?

I'm sorry your Quannon is having troubles, grantourismo, and I hope the problem is solved quickly for you. :)

WT100

• 100 countries or bust, 74 so far.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 02:46:43 PM »
I would check your state motor vehicle laws.  Be careful that there is not a time limit that the dealer is running out.  IE you might be legally protected so that he HAS to take it back within 30 days.  But if he messes with it for that time and the limit runs out then you may not have as much recourse. 

Sorry for your problems.  I can't imagine how frustrating it would be to have a new bike and not be able to RIDE!!!

Good luck. :)

TPococke

• Pueblo, Colorado United States
  • "Life is Good!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 03:51:31 PM »
Stay on top of that dealer. If you don't they will find away to get out the contract they have with you. They can label the scooter a lemon and refuse to do any more warranty work on it, whether it is still under warranty or not. Thats what happened to my wifes scooter. Keep on them. Get what is yours.
Just remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 04:13:51 PM »
And you may want to keep a written record or documentation of all actions involved...Hope you never need to use them, though!

Carol

• Brainerd, Minnesota
  • Look me up on facebook !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 04:09:30 AM »

Had sort of the same issue with my people 200.
 Mine was in and out of the shop for almost 2 years!
 Research the *lemon law* in your state.  In this state it has to be in the shop x amount to qualify.
The issue with my people was the little bulbs in the head light kept draining the battery while running.
Which happened to be a recall from 2007, my dealer wasn't aware of.......or so he said.
Good Luck and ride their azz like you stole it!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to skid in broadside , thoroughly used up , totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!!"

grantourismo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 11:43:14 AM »
And you may want to keep a written record or documentation of all actions involved...Hope you never need to use them, though!

i try to contact them by e mail so it can be used as electronic evidence ...

grantourismo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 11:46:02 AM »
Had sort of the same issue with my people 200.
 Mine was in and out of the shop for almost 2 years!
 Research the *lemon law* in your state.  In this state it has to be in the shop x amount to qualify.
The issue with my people was the little bulbs in the head light kept draining the battery while running.
Which happened to be a recall from 2007, my dealer wasn't aware of.......or so he said.
Good Luck and ride their azz like you stole it!

I got into argument with that dealer on the phone , he says he is working hard on it and I keep chasing him down !
OF COZ anyone would do that if a brand new thing break down god knows if it would keep breaking down again and again !

grantourismo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 11:48:54 AM »
Stay on top of that dealer. If you don't they will find away to get out the contract they have with you. They can label the scooter a lemon and refuse to do any more warranty work on it, whether it is still under warranty or not. Thats what happened to my wifes scooter. Keep on them. Get what is yours.

what do you mean a lemon

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 01:56:13 PM »
what do you mean a lemon

Your problem is not so unique, it happens very often with new vehicles.

When I bought Agility, its disk brake was greased for some strange reason and the forks were unscrewed.
Both things are VERY dangerous. So, the first thing after purchase was - going straight to the shop.

My People had factory error in engine casing and very soon engine casing had to be replaced under warranty.

13 years ago I bought a brand new car that consumed 50% more than it should (I had another similar car, I gave this one back to the shop for testing, they proved it etc.) However, they were not able to fix it, and I endured this for 5 years and then sold it away.

There are a number of similar horror stories about much more expensive things than little bike or entry level car I had: it happens with sports and high class limos too.

Last year I bought a new car and I do not have big problems with it, but it shudders when starting in 1st gear (some issue with injection probably). During 1st service the shop did not do anything to fix this because when they read ECU memory with the tester, there is no error logged and if there is no such error, they do not investigate further.

Unfortunately, we live in a consumer society formed around debt and things you could have expected 30 or 40 years ago buying durable goods do not apply anymore. This refers to warranty, customer care and many other things.

I know you will not be consoled by my words, but I said many times on this forum that Kymco is not a hyper-quality bike as it is touted to be. Far from that. The problem is that I do not know what should be the premium brand anymore, which brand would be better? 20 or 30 years ago there would be a reliable scale to determine that, but not anymore. However, from my own experience and driving Italian and Chinese vehicles, it is much, much better, but not so good that it does not have flaws like you are experiencing.

p.s. "A lemon" is a synonim for "a dud", badly assembled product.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2010, 03:28:45 PM »
Sadly, axy is right. Those lemons can leave a sour taste in your mouth...

But not all problems that can occur on a bike early in it's life are indicative or definitive of having a lemon on your hands. A faulty CDI unit or a bad jet would not necessarily mean your bike is bad. Both are easily replaced. Faulty or defective parts can occur when products are produced in massive quantities. We do hope, grantourismo, that you do not have to entertain any notion of Bureaucratic Crap!! :)

grantourismo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2010, 09:40:33 PM »
Your problem is not so unique, it happens very often with new vehicles.

p.s. "A lemon" is a synonim for "a dud", badly assembled product.
HOLY SHXT so you are saying if the dealer decided to label it lemon then I just gotta accept I got
a sh** bike ?

WT100

• 100 countries or bust, 74 so far.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2010, 09:43:15 PM »
Many states have "Lemon Laws" that could requirer them to take it back.

Carol

• Brainerd, Minnesota
  • Look me up on facebook !
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2010, 08:11:47 AM »

The model scooter hubby and I purchased in '07 (new) had a recall on the marker lights before we bought it.  We picked it up in February '07!  The dealer said he didn't have any info on a recall or any other scooters with this problem.  BUT, the gent at Kymco in Carolina says just about all the 200S from 07 had the same problem!  I lost all faith in my dealer at that point.  Seek another opinion and call in the manufacturer.

Back in '89 I bought a ford tempo (new) and it started stalling when I let off the accel for a stop sign or light.   I returned it several times to the dealer to no avail, even had Mr. smell good from Michigan at the dealership in his linen suit in the shop checking it out.  It took me mentioning my issue at bowling league one night, when one of the guy's spoke up and said his wife's friend's sisters car did the same thing......have them replace the wiring harness.....Bingo...car was perfect after that.   
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to skid in broadside , thoroughly used up , totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!!"

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2010, 09:40:43 AM »
  The model scooter hubby and I purchased in '07 (new) had a recall on the marker lights before we bought it.  We picked it up in February '07!  The dealer said he didn't have any info on a recall or any other scooters with this problem.  BUT, the gent at Kymco in Carolina says just about all the 200S from 07 had the same problem!  I lost all faith in my dealer at that point.  Seek another opinion and call in the manufacturer.

In most cases, manufacturer does not want to deal directly with customers.
That`s why the dealers (should be?) are there.

Whenever there is something serious and not trivial, there will be a ping-pong game between rightfully disgruntled customer, dealer and manufacturer and they will both try to avoid responsiblity.

Car forums are full of horror stories.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()