Author Topic: Owning a scooter and motorcycle  (Read 1968 times)

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
Re: Owning a scooter and motorcycle
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2023, 01:05:57 PM »
About all I do is think about getting another motorcycle.  The scooters have spoiled me with better MPG,  the storage under the seat, better weather protection. But then that Royal Enfield Classic 350 sure looks good to me. 

Art

Having ridden one and very nearly bought it at the dealership 6 months ago, I can confirm the Classic 350 is an absolutely storming ride.
Rides;

Suzuki GW250 Inazuma (2016)
Honda C70C (red, 1983)

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2023, 01:39:46 PM »
Having ridden one and very nearly bought it at the dealership 6 months ago, I can confirm the Classic 350 is an absolutely storming ride.

They (RE) look to be wiping the floor with the opposition over here and with the rumoured faults with their new Gold Star, it's hard to see BSA overturning that!
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

KayakGuy

• Gettin old but trying not to slow down...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2023, 10:01:12 PM »
After a lot of thinking and going back and forth, I pulled the trigger today and brought home a new '22 Genuine Motorcycle G400C. Tried using the clutch as a break a few times (force of habit), which of course didn't work that well. Re-learning curve. Fun to ride. Still love the AK and will use it for longer trips, but will be nice switching off for the different types of riding.
Riding a '22 AK 550, ‘22 G400C.
Wife rides a '21 Piaggio Liberty 150.

Previously rode Bajaj Chetak, B&W250, Vulcan 750, Star Venture, VStar 950, X-Town 300i.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2023, 07:28:06 AM »
After a lot of thinking and going back and forth, I pulled the trigger today and brought home a new '22 Genuine Motorcycle G400C. Tried using the clutch as a break a few times (force of habit), which of course didn't work that well. Re-learning curve. Fun to ride. Still love the AK and will use it for longer trips, but will be nice switching off for the different types of riding.

Congratulations! Chinese manufacturers? 

Edit:  For anyone else unfamiliar with the brand, I found this on line:

OUR STORY

For more than twenty years, Genuine Scooters has been creating passionate two-wheel scooter enthusiasts in a way we never thought possible when we launched the business out of an old warehouse in Chicago.

From our humble beginnings then, to our thankfully thriving business today, Genuine has only had one goal in mind:  Bring a better scooter to the United States.

And, we’ve stayed true to that goal, by partnering with some of the best gas-powered scooter manufacturers in the world who produce the Buddy, Roughhouse, Kick, Hooligan, Urbano, Brio, and GT150 scooters along with many other bikes in our line-up. 

Genuine has expanded the line to include motorcycles and we’ve entered into an exclusive partnership with NIU to provide a full line of electric scooters in a variety of styles and displacements.

We have tremendous confidence in our product and the Genuine Authorized Dealers who sell them. We’ve backed this confidence with a 2-3 Year Genuine Confidence Warranty that comes with every vehicle that we sell. So wherever you are, you’re not far from someone you can trust to assist you.

Genuine’s love of two wheels has remained the same since those humble beginnings all those years ago. We want everyone to feel the same passion and excitement that we do when we take one of our scooters or motorcycles for a ride. So what are you waiting for? Isn’t it time to Feel the Love? It’s Genuine.

More info?:  https://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/genuine/2019-genuine-g400c-review.html

« Last Edit: April 14, 2023, 01:36:15 PM by Neil955i »
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2023, 12:33:45 PM »
that's a good lookin' bike! You've now entered the best of both worlds, a motorcycle and a scooter!
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650

monkeybongos

• Tampa, Fl
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2023, 01:41:16 PM »
Sure is a nice looker, great specs as well.  If I didn't already have a Rebel...
See if each bike doesn't make you appreciate the other more.
You're in a minority in that your scooter is more powerful than your mc.
2014 BV 350  "IndiGO" (fast, strong and tireless)
2006 Honda Rebel 250  "Snow Leopard" (stealthy, agile and durable)
2018 Lance Cali Classic 200i  "Black Panther" (smooth, nimble, quiet and quick)
2016 Wolf V-50 (sold)

Wanted a Kymco, ended up w a Lance, but that forum is inactive, so I am here

KayakGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2023, 03:40:50 PM »
Thanks for the comments guys. Yes, this is a Chinese-manufactured bike (was my only qualm about buying it), and designed by Honda. First thing I did when I got home was remove the "Made in China" sticker!  ;D Only have about 30 miles so far, but going on a ride today in the Metroparks. It's a torquey (sp?) little bike and should be great fun, once I get used to it after riding the AK.

Ordering a rear seat bag today for it. I'm used to the storage and top case I have on the AK, so need some more carrying space.

Previously rode Bajaj Chetak, B&W250, Vulcan 750, Star Venture, VStar 950, X-Town 300i.

KayakGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2023, 04:52:53 PM »
Added a universal windshield from Amazon to the G400C yesterday. Quite finicky to install, but finally got it right. Put over 100 mi. on it in the past 3 days. Took the AK out today and it felt like I was riding in a luxury car compared to the G400C. But for me, each has its own purpose (other than both are fun to ride).
« Last Edit: April 16, 2023, 05:06:38 PM by KayakGuy »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()