Author Topic: New to Kymco and this discussion board  (Read 583 times)

Rob

• View Profile
New to Kymco and this discussion board
« on: March 02, 2023, 10:30:46 PM »
I am waiting for my 2022 XTown 330i to be delivered. I bought it used with 113 miles on it. It was traded in to a Crysler, Dodge, Jeep dealer nearby for a new truck. I am new to Kymco but not new to scooters and motorcycles. Being retired and 73, I was just looking for a scooter that wouldn't be a hazard on a 55 mph highway. That put me in the 150 cc range, but just, and we have a lot of hills in Central NY. This scooter showed up on Market Place and is basically a brand new scooter at a very good price so I bought it. My last scooter was a Piaggio BV200 that I loved and I hope that I feel the same way about this one. I went with Kymco because they are the only decent dealer nearby. Stay tuned for my first ride report once the snow melts and the temperature is at least 50.   

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: New to Kymco and this discussion board
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2023, 12:33:53 AM »
Hello Rob,
Welcome to the forum!
Post pix of your new ride when you can!
113 miles ?! - !

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

NorWeWa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2023, 03:37:09 AM »
I think you will like the X-Town. Easy to maintain, and should give you lots of miles of riding.
What color is your new Kymco ?

Art 

aschrauth

• Have patience, Don't be in such a Hurry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2023, 04:48:42 AM »
welcome friend. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. I myself have a kymco agility 125cc that just turned 9,000 Km and is still going strong.
Kymco 125cc
Wolf Rx50 BBK 80cc

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2023, 10:52:09 AM »
Welcome Rob, from another member who, until recently, rode an X-Town 300i.  The scooter is a great ride with just the right mix of power, handling and looks to satisfy most.  It'll top out at around 75-80 mph so should be fine at double nickle speeds.

My experience didn't end well, but I think I maybe had a Friday afternoon / Monday morning machine?  Proof of the pudding?  I traded it in for another Kymco, a DTX360/320.
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2023, 01:05:11 PM »
What a find! Welcome to the gang!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2023, 03:56:58 PM »
Apparently the XTown was purchased new last July. The original owner never rode it and used it to pay off a debt to his employer who also never rode it. He traded it in on the purchase of a new truck a couple weeks ago. The dealership posted it on FB Marketplace, I saw it and bought it.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2023, 04:39:15 PM »
Apparently the XTown was purchased new last July. The original owner never rode it and used it to pay off a debt to his employer who also never rode it. He traded it in on the purchase of a new truck a couple weeks ago. The dealership posted it on FB Marketplace, I saw it and bought it.

Sounds like others' misfortune is your great good fortune!
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Mancashire

• NE Ohio B400
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2023, 09:56:27 PM »
Welcome Rob. It looks like some good riding weather is heading your way.

Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2023, 05:14:12 PM »
I was able to confirm that the warranty got transferred to my name, but only after sending registered letters and several messages to the KYMCO contact page. This is a good thing, since it developed a coolant leak and I had to have it trailered to the local dealer 25 miles away.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()