Author Topic: Charging system issue kymco agility 125cc  (Read 228 times)

aschrauth

• Have patience, Don't be in such a Hurry.
    • View Profile
Charging system issue kymco agility 125cc
« on: April 18, 2023, 02:23:33 AM »
Hello everyone. So I have blown two rectifiers in the past week; something is wrong with my electrical system. When I was riding home yesterday I noticed that my gas gauge needle dropped below the Empty when the scooter had a full tank of gas. last time this happened I was at the Gas station and went to fuel up and the bike would not start. Had to get a tow home and  the next day took of the rectifier and found the burnt contact on the Coil side of the first rectifier along with a blown positive Fuse The second time this happened yesterday the contact of the second regulator was burnt on the same pin after installing a new regulator and fuse. I did some basic charging system checks and found out that my idling voltage read 15.94-16V at Idle and the MHOMS reading was off on the yellow wire going to the stator as stated in the service manual. Battery I currently have was reciently installed and reads a healthy 12.95 volts.

When I cranked it to full throttle the voltage climbed to 17.5 Volts. Im assuming that my stator is producing too much current whitch inturn is frying each regulator that I install. I believe my scooter came with an aftermarket relay rectifier because their is no Kymmco Insignia on it.

I have a new Stator and spare regulators on order but for now am stumped on  why this is occoring. Currently Im at 9,600Km. Anybody with electrical knowledge I would surely appreciate youir opionion.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 02:29:56 AM by aschrauth »
Kymco 125cc
Wolf Rx50 BBK 80cc

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()