Author Topic: from 1 to 10  (Read 3417 times)

blue

• View Profile
from 1 to 10
« on: December 08, 2010, 02:16:51 AM »
from 1 to 10 how good of shape is your scoot in .and why.
I would say 8 runs great just a few scratches from normale wear and tear.

oswaldters

• View Profile
Re: from 1 to 10
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 02:18:02 AM »
I think you should start us off blue as this is your baby.

Rate away...

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 02:46:23 AM »
Im saying 8 runs great just a few scratches from normale wear and tear.

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 02:48:32 AM »
I would say 9. Just need to give it a wash and change the oil if I ever get a warm day. I have a detached garage with no heat or electricity. Working in 30 below weather -- no fun.

-Wolf

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 02:49:53 AM »
My mistake, I thought you were giving a hypothetical example in your first post.

I'm going to have to go with a 7 for mine - 3 years of riding through rain, snow, and road salt has not been kind to my exhaust system or rear shock.  

But runs great and has made it through temperatures from 8 degrees to 104 degrees and never complained.  

By the end of this winter it might be a 6 though because the exhaust system most likely will let go by spring.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 01:22:03 AM by oswaldters »

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 04:37:40 AM »
Ok, time to brag.  ;D  I'd say my '07 Xciting 500 is a 9.  Has 12000 miles now -- 8000 of which are from me.  Always starts easy and runs GOOD!  Two small dings in the plastic where not noticable (down low) and a small scuff on front fender -- all from previous owner.  But when she's shined up, her brilliant orange and silver coat is so striking, you never see them.  Windshield has started minor delaminating but hardly noticable.  All mechanics in good servicable shape.   Only thing I need to do within the next 6 months is look at one front disc to see about a little shimmy.  And I'll bleed brakes at that time. 

I've managed to keep all the black plastic looking good over the summer by using a Maguire's product.  Actually looks better than when I got it.  But, alas, she stays dusty most of the time from riding on this dirt road I live on.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 09:03:33 AM »
All scoots are cheap products and have very poor finishing. As such, they tend to "bleach" over time in the sun, especially plastic parts.
Neither scoots were in accidents or fell, so they are both in good shape.
Kymco has problems with rust (I have posted pics around about this subject).
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

TPococke

• Pueblo, Colorado United States
  • "Life is Good!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 01:27:31 PM »
 :'(My poor Kymco. 4500 miles and it has fallen over numerous times. The left brake lever is bent and there are abrasions on the left side. I give at a 5. Runs great though.
Just remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

MaryK

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 02:52:42 PM »
A 9 for my 2009 Grand Vista 250.  Only 200 miles since September but a bit sun-faded.

Time for the 1st oil changes.

Merry Christmas,
New Rider in 2010

2009 GrandVista 250

WT100

• 100 countries or bust, 74 so far.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 03:01:18 PM »
Well the Cage lives outside so the scoots can be protected.
I always wash her up after a long ride. 
My Kymco dealer is also our local scooter club hang out spot, so you know the maintenance is spot on. 
2500 miles in 3 months, mostly carving Twisties and grinning like a kid.

I guess i'll go with a 9 couse i don't wanna brag :)

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 05:56:18 PM »
Some good points are being brought out here.  Find some way to keep your scooter/bike INDOORS when not being ridden!  You'll double or triple it's life.  I'm lucky to have a small metal storage shed which is just big enough if I go in at an angle.  :D  My scoot lives with the lawn mower, lawn tools, cat kennels, paint cans, etc.

Many folks keep their bikes/scooters in their houses or apartments.  . . . Rianna? . . . Wordslinger? ;) I'll bet if you took a poll, around the world, there are millions who do this and PROUD of IT!

Also, I always look for a shady spot to park when I'm out even if it means a longer walk to get where I'm going.

And WASH it immediately after being around salted roads or near ocean salt air.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 06:27:30 PM »
Some good points are being brought out here.  Find some way to keep your scooter/bike INDOORS when not being ridden!  You'll double or triple it's life. 

Hoo, this sonds a bit like an infomercial and it is not exactly backed up with anything. Sorry. :)
I have unfortunately always kept scoots outside and the only issue is "whitening" of the black matte plastic parts after two or more years.
One would expect problems with corrosion of the contacts in the electrical system.

However, I would not keep a regular motorcycle outside.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

glopezz05

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2010, 07:23:24 PM »
2009 Super 8 with 600+ miles on it.  10, as I bought it new from the dealer and keep it outside but under covered parking.

my new honda stays in the open!
Im usually on a bicycle, so for me, this thing is hauling ass!

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2010, 07:29:05 PM »
Yup...Rianna's scoot stays indoors like Hoolander said. ;D

Can't quite give it a 10 in the looks department, though, maybe a 9. Don't get me wrong, it looks nice and I want to keep it that way...I've just noticed some tool marks, missing decals and tiny scratch marks here and there that aren't readily noticeable at first so I won't call it that 'straight off the showroom' floor look.

And I also like to park in the shade except for right in front of my house. Too much pollen and such from the trees collect on anything sitting there even for a short time and it's a mess. I roll that baby right indoors when it's not being used. Thieves do steal from nice neighborhoods too and I paid too much to leave it an easy target!

TPococke

• Pueblo, Colorado United States
  • "Life is Good!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2010, 12:19:07 AM »
Find some way to keep your scooter/bike INDOORS when not being ridden!  You'll double or triple it's life.  I'm lucky to have a small metal storage shed which is just big enough if I go in at an angle.    My scoot lives with the lawn mower, lawn tools, cat kennels, paint cans, etc.

We kicked the truck out of the garage. Now it is a two wheeled vehicle only garage. The problem is there is nothing that will triple the life of a scooter with a klutz like me riding it.
Just remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()