Author Topic: Just bought a new People 150!  (Read 2147 times)

birdmove

• View Profile
Just bought a new People 150!
« on: December 10, 2010, 12:41:46 AM »

I bought a new 2009 People 150 sight unseen. We bought a house on the Big Island of Hawaii a while back.We are moving there maybe in a year or a bit less. We are renting the place out short term for now to vacationers and such.  Shipping stuff from the mainland to Hawaii is spendy. There is a dealer in Kona.Our place is about 125 miles away.Called the dealer today to see what the price would be on a new People 150 and a Super 8 150.He said they were haveing a sale on four People 150s for $2295, and were having a grand opening sale Saturday, so these may or may not still be there after the sale.So I got this scooter for $2379 out the door.No  BS fees other than tax and license. They will deliver to us in Feb. when we will be on the island for eight days. So I'll get to start the breakin and ride my scooter on the beautiful Big Island!!

Shipping a scooter or motorcycle from Wa State to Hawaii is a major pain and major expence.I bet it would have cost like $800-$900 and the delivery date would not be secure.It could happen that the scooter would get there after we left.This way, I have it delivered all ready to ride.

Am I crazy to buy a scooter without first riding it? Maybe. But understand that I love riding motorcycles and scooters big and small.I wanted something super reliable and the two year warranty is great for the industry.Everyone says the 150 will be fine at 50mph and that will work for me.My wife can bring her SYM over when we move.We will rent an ABF "Relocube" and that will hold enough to bring the small amount of stuff we are taking.

So I get a new scooter, but we aren't going over till Feb, so they will deliver it then. Every time we go over to the island I always tell her that I won't really feel at home there till I have a motorcycle or scooter,a guitar and amp there. This takes care of one of thoses. Now I really have something to look forward to.

jon

Rianna

• View Profile
Re: Just bought a new People 150!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 12:49:04 AM »
Sounds great, jon! Congrats on your new scoot!!

Will be a great way to get around the island!

Calothrix

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 01:56:41 AM »
Enjoy your new ride, I do!  Unfortunately, just had to put mine away for the winter, but will be back out there in March or so.

Portland Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 07:36:28 PM »
Well you sound excited.  Assuming that the People 150 is working properly, you will like it just fine.
Of course you are crazy...we're all crazy when it comes to motor bikes!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()