Author Topic: Kymco AK550 Radar / GPS Mount ?  (Read 1571 times)

rjs987

• 2022 Kymco AK 550 - Matte Deep Blue
  • Central Iowa
    • View Profile
Re: Kymco AK550 Radar / GPS Mount ?
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2023, 03:42:47 PM »
Yeah, I remember seeing that phone holder at AliExpress. Not nearly as good as the Garmin one... actually that was a RAM mount that I linked to and not Garmin (my mistake). I know a few riders who use the RAM holder and they love it.

The bracket is the same as the one I was considering getting at Taiwan Big Scooter Shop online. They have the option to get the bracket with the RAM holder instead of that cheap holder from AliExpress.

Actually, after looking closer at the picture you posted I see that the RAM holder is shown on the left but the cheaper holder is shown on the right. 2 different holders shown on the bracket.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2023, 03:46:32 PM by rjs987 »
/bob
2022 Kymco AK 550 Super Touring Extreme in Matte Deep Blue
RETIRED - US Navy and Air National Guard and civilian career

internetzorro

• View Profile
Re: Kymco AK550 Radar / GPS Mount ?
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2023, 07:00:20 PM »
I purchased a 2023 AK 550 in June, and really the only issue I have (other than the tiny "luggage" compartments) is figuring out the phone mount to an acceptable location.  I always ride with the wind shield in the upper position since I am on the freeway.  That ugly front windshield mount designed for AK 550 is not a option because it restricts the view for safety, and the phone is too far away for utility.  I'm going to try that ball bracket which mounts on the brake reservoir.  If that doesn't work or is unsafe, then mounting it to the dash cover is the next option, but I prefer to keep it on the handle bar structure.  Mounting on the left side brings it closer to the USB port inside the tiny left "luggage" compartment, which is the way I have it set up on my People 150.

By the way rjs987, thank you for the helpful information on oil filter change.  The underside protective cowling on the 2023 model does not seem to obstruct as much access to the filter as on earlier models I have seen on Youtube.  I only had to remove 2 screws to sufficiently pull it out of the way to swap out the filter.  It is a quick operation after learning to do it the first time and can easily be done on the road if necessary.

Also, can you tell me why the blue modal lights (in normal drive mode) brighten momentarily, and then return to dimmed brightness?  I can't figure what what they are indicating.  No mention of this in the user manual or the full repair manual.

Nick

2023 AK 550i ABS
2022 People S 150i ABS
2006 Super 9 50

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()