Author Topic: NSR: "You don't have to be fast......  (Read 293 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
NSR: "You don't have to be fast......
« on: July 02, 2023, 04:01:05 PM »
Comment found under a brief video of a little girl getting flipped by a large bison at Yellow Stone park.

The tourist family took off running....abandoning their little girl. The buffalo caught her - flipped her head over heels - apparently unharmed.....

The comment regarding the family deserting the little girl read, "You don't have to be fast, just faster than your little sister!"

Oh brutal.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
Re: NSR: "You don't have to be fast......
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2023, 10:45:12 AM »
Comment found under a brief video of a little girl getting flipped by a large bison at Yellow Stone park.

The tourist family took off running....abandoning their little girl. The buffalo caught her - flipped her head over heels - apparently unharmed.....

The comment regarding the family deserting the little girl read, "You don't have to be fast, just faster than your little sister!"

Oh brutal.

Stig

Know your place in the pecking order. How could you live with yourself knowing you’d saved your own skin at the expense of a little girl?
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

rjs987

• 2022 Kymco AK 550 - Matte Deep Blue
  • Central Iowa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2023, 01:00:43 PM »
Every time I see or hear of people encountering buffalo or bear or other wild animals in that type of situation I can't help but think that their first mistake is being SO STUPID that they would put themselves in that situation in the first place.

In this case... what parent or sane person, related or not, would leave a little girl behind like that? I guess those referred to in my first statement above.
/bob
2022 Kymco AK 550 Super Touring Extreme in Matte Deep Blue
RETIRED - US Navy and Air National Guard and civilian career

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2023, 05:16:28 PM »
Every time I see or hear of people encountering buffalo or bear or other wild animals in that type of situation I can't help but think that their first mistake is being SO STUPID that they would put themselves in that situation in the first place.

In this case... what parent or sane person, related or not, would leave a little girl behind like that? I guess those referred to in my first statement above.

I learnt at a very young age, not to play in the cow pasture, when the bull was in the pasture, don't hafta be wild animals, neighbor farmer had a billy goat that was mean at times too
RandyO
IBA#9560

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()