Author Topic: not the friendliest scooter rider & "French Doors"  (Read 259 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
not the friendliest scooter rider & "French Doors"
« on: July 18, 2023, 01:27:39 PM »

This guy rode in while I was having coffee on the Group W. Walked right past me and my Kymco scooter.
I said, "good morning, nice scooter!"
IDK, maybe he didn't speak English.

Was having lunch in the Dog when I asked the girl "what's going on with the wall over there?"
She told me.

So's, I goes outside and says to the two guys workin' there, "youse the two French guys puttin' in the doors?"
One of them actually stopped working, and laughed.

I tell you what - if I was a little younger I'd offer to paint that building for the owner!....and weed to friggin' sidewalk and stairs!
He better put the umbrellas back on these tables after the doors are finished! It used to be a nice place to sit on a cold winter morning with a coffee and a pastry. It just 'feels' better under an umbrella.

that's all i got...

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
Re: not the friendliest scooter rider & "French Doors"
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2023, 02:29:44 PM »
To coin an old northern British expression, "there's nowt so queer as folk!"  Trying, without much success, to identify the scooter marque, is it a Peugeot?

Like the French doors gag.  Variation on the old Irish gag about the Tree fellers wanted advertisement.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 02:34:30 PM by Neil955i »
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2023, 06:45:13 PM »
To coin an old northern British expression, "there's nowt so queer as folk!"  Trying, without much success, to identify the scooter marque, is it a Peugeot?

Like the French doors gag.  Variation on the old Irish gag about the Tree fellers wanted advertisement.
No, pretty sure that Peugeot never sold scooters in the USA.
A little used car lot, not far away, sold Chinese scooters for a while.  The kind sold as internet scooters,  delivered to your driveway in a box...for further assembly.
This guy sold them assembled.
I for one don't make fun of these Chinese scooters.  I've seen plenty of them in Florida where their owners are getting a lot of use out of them...as essential transportation. Not all who live and work along the coast where we vacation.are wealthy.
The sun and salt air beat them up, but they're still running.
There are shops which sell and service them.
Stig
« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 06:49:10 PM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2023, 06:45:32 AM »
No, pretty sure that Peugeot never sold scooters in the USA.
Stig

Shame. Then you missed out on the excellent Peugeot Speedfight. https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/reviews/bikes/peugeot/peugeot-speedfight-125-review

There are an increasing number of Chinese scooters & motorcycles on sale here too. Kinda reminiscent of Honda / Yamaha’s incursion back in the 60’s?
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()