Author Topic: end of the maitnence log  (Read 502 times)

aschrauth

• Have patience, Don't be in such a Hurry.
    • View Profile
end of the maitnence log
« on: July 27, 2023, 03:40:04 AM »
I would never thought I would have come this far with my scooter. Currently Im at 11,300 Km and my scooter still runs like a dream. However on the maitnence sheet  it maxes out at 12,000 KM. Im assuming that is what kymco sees as the maximum milage for a 125cc. I plan on riding as long as I can and will probably eventually doing a rebuild once the engine finally wears out to the point of having no compression. Question is should I continue to follow the maitnence log once the milage stpos or should I start over?
Kymco 125cc
Wolf Rx50 BBK 80cc

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: end of the maitnence log
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2023, 10:39:27 AM »
Continue as before...
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2023, 12:15:38 PM »
Continue as before...

Agreed, with the exception of the initial service, simply repeat the process for the next 12K kms and enjoy!
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

rjs987

• 2022 Kymco AK 550 - Matte Deep Blue
  • Central Iowa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2023, 03:40:21 PM »
I've always taken the approach that the service schedule provided in the manuals was only to establish the repeating intervals for service. For many of my bikes, especially the Honda bikes, it would be just silly to expect the last service indicated in the service schedule to be end of life for that bike.

With some of my bikes I've worked out a grid for the extended miles for each interval of service using the indicated service intervals (excluding the initial break-in interval as mentioned above) and put that with the page for the service schedule.
For my last 3 bikes I've also kept a spreadsheet online to record the actual odometer when I do each maintenance item. That way I can look at it as needed from my phone or my laptop and even print it out if needed.
/bob
2022 Kymco AK 550 Super Touring Extreme in Matte Deep Blue
RETIRED - US Navy and Air National Guard and civilian career

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2023, 06:35:47 PM »
Not the same pages - but the log sheet (where I log the maint. completed w/dates/mileage) area in my LIKLE's owner's manual was filled - so I printed off some more pages and taped them into the manual. Am filling them now.
I carry the manual in the top case - so it is always avail.
Yeah - no, the number of pages in of a service schedule are not an indication of how long Kymco thinks your scooter will Live!

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

aschrauth

• Have patience, Don't be in such a Hurry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2023, 03:04:22 AM »
Not the same pages - but the log sheet (where I log the maint. completed w/dates/mileage) area in my LIKLE's owner's manual was filled - so I printed off some more pages and taped them into the manual. Am filling them now.
I carry the manual in the top case - so it is always avail.
Yeah - no, the number of pages in of a service schedule are not an indication of how long Kymco thinks your scooter will Live!

Stig

I printed out the kymco service sheet and have kept detailed records of everything that I have done to my scooter since it was new at 400km. everything from oil changes to valve adjustments
Kymco 125cc
Wolf Rx50 BBK 80cc

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2023, 10:32:20 AM »
A 125/150 is good for at least 50,000 miles if properly maintained :)
Rides;

Suzuki GW250 Inazuma (2016)
Honda C70C (red, 1983)

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2023, 05:41:28 PM »
A 125/150 is good for at least 50,000 miles if properly maintained :)

14 lifetimes ago, take my recollection with some skepticism, it was the '60s, a friend of mine had a Sears 106 with over 100k, his dad was a small engine mechanic at the local Sears service center. The original owner brought it into the service center for every scheduled maintenance.

When my friend bought the 106, he sold me his Honda Super 90 that every other kid in town had already owned, my first bike, a turd. Maybe if bikes had rev limiters back then, it would have survived longer.
RandyO
IBA#9560

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()