Author Topic: [ARGUMENT]what kind of car/car driver do you hate the most ?  (Read 2036 times)

grantourismo

• View Profile
[ARGUMENT]what kind of car/car driver do you hate the most ?
« on: December 13, 2010, 06:02:45 AM »
 ;D Good day boys and girls

It is GT here to start another argument thread ! HEE HEE
After riding for one and half year on scooter and one month on bike
I have pick up some disgusting pattern on the road, after I start riding I notice some kind of car / car driver on the road that
will raise my alterness.
Usually it is the old crappy looking V8 or V6 cars , when they drive behind me they will sort of try to push you off the road by closing up to your back so close that I feel it is danger I would pull over and give them the way.

Most drivers who do this kind thing is usually male [not surprising] and they all try to look tough too  ::)

I always follow speed limit , if it is a 50 km/hr road I will do 50 km/hr no more or less , but this kind of car/driver will do 65km/hr on a 50 km/hr road.

Sometime I just hope this kinda of people would hit a big wall or a big tree and learn some lesson to SLOW DOWN

I wish to point out that these are my personal account and if you happen to own the type of car mention please dont take it offensively !
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 06:11:43 AM by grantourismo »

glopezz05

• View Profile
Re: [ARGUMENT]what kind of car/car driver do you hate the most ?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 02:38:28 PM »
Cyclist for 7 years, scootist for 6 months...

Soccer moms on the cell phone and in a minivan

Elderly who don't drive slower than the speed limit

And the worst...
Middle age men who own their own buisness and drive a 1-2 ton pick up truck (its Texas, theyre everywhere) and are so busy and important that they are in a rush.

SEVERAL of these men have drivin ahead and pulled over and waited for me.  They always run when I pull out the cell phone and act like im either making a call or taking pictures.

My worst incident was being hit by a car while on my bicycle.  She didn't see me and turned left in front of me.

Thank fully no damage, body or cycle, was incurred. 
Im usually on a bicycle, so for me, this thing is hauling ass!

TPococke

• Pueblo, Colorado United States
  • "Life is Good!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 03:03:57 PM »
I really hate egomaniacs in anything larger than a scooter. Sometimes I think they are going to run me right off the road. And Harley riders. Most of them are great but you get those that think they should be the only ones allowed on the roads, and especially not scooters! There I vented.
Just remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 06:05:34 PM »
You never know which kind will be the one to run into you.  >:(  Watch em all. 

But it seems that guys in pickup trucks are the most likely to want to mess with you.  Never had a woman do it on purpose.

On the interstate highways it's different because I think there you find guys who have left their pickup at home and are now in their CAR.  (race car, they think) 

I don't mind other bike riders zooming at me or around me at all.  Hey, they're just havin fun, I figure -- which is what we're all doing.  But I won't race with em other than maybe a short drag race in safe conditions.  No racing on twistys or in traffic even if they're challenging or messing with me.

My theory is that guys who are pushy in person are also pushy on the road.  I know of only one exception to this -- it's a guy I used to work for.  He is an 8th degree black belt in karate and is the most PUSHY, egotistical, insufferable fellow in person.  But behind the wheel he drives like a little old lady.  ;D  I'm lucky he's a friend though cause he'd stand up for me against anybody.  ;) 

Carol

• Brainerd, Minnesota
  • Look me up on facebook !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 07:10:52 PM »

Hubby and I have been nearly knocked off the road by two different elderly ladies in Buicks.  :o Neither turned their head to check their blind spots, so I assume they both suffered from the same physical ailment...neucral rigidity.  Thank gosh hubby is experienced enough a rider to dodge the Buicks.  Me on the *itch seat was a bit less forgiving.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to skid in broadside , thoroughly used up , totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!!"

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 08:52:30 PM »
Well you don't want to stereotype these things, but I've had a number of run ins with people driving Range Rovers.

Don't know why, but they seem to drive very aggressively in general.

And yes, there are a number of them around here - people seem to have an endless supply of money to by cars in the DC area.

...except for those of us on scooters...

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 09:46:23 PM »
I hate any one that just cant share the road with others your never goin to beable to pin point out anybody it depends on the day and the mood people are in. if your in a hurry they dont care if your in no hurry then just maybe they well care.if they just got a divorce then get the hell of the road and look out.if they just riped off a bank and you are in the way your dead any ways. Best thing is stay in your lane and ride it like you own it dont give theam enough room to pass in the same lane..

grantourismo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 12:50:37 PM »
Well you don't want to stereotype these things, but I've had a number of run ins with people driving Range Rovers.

Don't know why, but they seem to drive very aggressively in general.

And yes, there are a number of them around here - people seem to have an endless supply of money to by cars in the DC area.

...except for those of us on scooters...

not the usual pattern but a profile I picked up and personal account too !

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()