Author Topic: My lil" red demon  (Read 31492 times)

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
Re: My lil" red demon
« Reply #105 on: December 01, 2011, 04:03:39 AM »
Opening that port further is not necessary but it will improve gas flow. Check that the piston skirts are not interfering with the crank. You have got the cases all together, so i wouldn't split it again until I had run it and was doing more upgrading. Having said that, it will give better flow if you do. :)
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 13, 2011, 06:58:16 PM »
Hello Sid.
I finally have you an update...(not much of one tho..lol)

Here is the "new" boost port and trans tunnel........(there is alot of meat gone now. ;D)

Here you can see wheer the port doesn't quite match the skirt so i wanted to bring it closer in to the skirt...

I'm not totally happy with the recent port job yet, hoping to shine it a lil bit..

Here is the exhaust port this a.m.I don't have that "mirror" quite right yet either...

"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 14, 2011, 02:52:44 AM »
Just wanted to show the boost again.....
The 1st pic is the oem boost marked out for port matching on a malossi 47mm kit...(who would have thought SUCH A TINY port could be used in the 1st place... :D)

Now i have a 50 kit and here is the difference in the 2(a 47 and a 50mm)......

WOW :o
This pic is the 1 side i have done and you can see the amount of meat that is now gone vs the oem port... :o ;D

Should have the other side finished tomorrow since i was able to do the cylinder today also...(i know, i know I should have been DONE)....
It'll happen, stay tuned for more.... ::)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 02:54:30 AM by thebatman »
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 17, 2011, 10:40:52 PM »
Good work batman, i thought you would have gone ahead and put it back together without futher porting. This will improve flow, just watch your M.P.G. go out the window :D
How are you going with splitting the cases and putting them back together? Have you got a case splitting tool?
Llook forward to the finished build, should go like a rocket. :)

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 18, 2011, 02:22:49 AM »
Thank you Sid.... Oh, trust me, i did think about it... :D
and BTW, my mpg went out the window before this... :D I was getting like 55-58?mpg. I can just imagine how much lower it'll be now... :(
I'm still trying the hot/cold method with the cases. I had actually gotten it to work this time.(before this round of porting) Hopefully it'll work again. I just wish i had one of those "tusk" crank installers
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 15, 2012, 09:53:28 PM »
G'day thebatman, thought I would reply here rather than continue off topic on the other thread. If you are having trouble with a seal at the intake, where is the leak? With mine, I used a little ultra blue silicon sealant, that will take up any leaks that aren't too big. Are you able to get another inlet, if not let me know.
Going back to school is a big move, good on ya.
All the best,
sid.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 18, 2012, 12:43:43 AM »
Good evening SID... OOps, guess it's very early at your house. ;)
Ah, this thing. I have re-done this WAY TO MANY TIMES.... It would leak at the front @ the cyl side, then on the cvt cover side... The last 12 times it would leak on the cvt side and on the side on top of the case.(not the starter side).
I was thinking it was warped so i carefully sanded with wd-40 and 600 paper and the last time i even doubled up the gaskets just for the sake of argument, then guess what??????  :'(    I went to do another leak down test and air was rushing out... Nice big crack all around the corner bolt hole into the inner side.  :'( :'(    You can sit it on a table and actually feel a wobble now, so it's gotta be warped now of course the crack don't help it.. Maybe i wanted to much of a seal. ::) :o
No, i haven't been able to get another just yet. It's gonna be a little bit now before i can afford it. Looked them up and found a cpl for only like $30 but i'm so broke atm "if it cost a nickel to get around the world, I couldn't get out of sight"... :D :'(.   I dam sure miss my lil z
Thanks for the kind words about school. I have been racking my brain over that for a while now but i HAVE TO do something. I should have finished either degree several yrs ago but i was to busy chasing women and bar-hoppin. Gotta think about gabbie's future.. IF thier is going to be a future with the sh** the politicians have done everywhere.  ::)
I hope all is still well on your end??..  I actually drank a beer that is supposed to be imported from there..(a "beers of the world" sample box) It was named "cooper"? Pretty good, i was pleasantly surprised..
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 18, 2012, 04:26:42 AM »
Sounds like you would be losing your hair. Good on you with the learning, keep at it. Coopers is a family owned brewery, supposed to be pretty good, but I wouldn't know, been off the grog over 10 years now.
PM me an addy and I will send my inlet over to you, I don't need it anymore. We are talking the oko?

« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 11:19:24 AM by sidthesloth »

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 12, 2012, 02:00:18 PM »
I apologize for the dead thread i have going on here lately.
I have a new intake now and now i can finally try to revive my baby again. I should have been at it by now but i've been swamped with homework in writing essay's. WOW, 6 page essay's already  :o
Hope you will turn in to this same bat channel at the same bat time to see whats next for the batman.
I do worry about TO MUCH comp with this kit. She seems a bit hard to rotate with my hand around TDC.
She will rotate a lot easier w/o the plug in.. ;)
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 15, 2012, 02:36:17 AM »
Try #1 retake on seal job...
NOt happening this time, NEEEEXT. ::)
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 15, 2012, 03:11:33 AM »
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! 2 months to fix a leak. Moving at the speed of sound Bro! Just kidding if that hurt. On Slingers thread I posted to stay below 1/2 throttle for a few days to quiet the rings. Don't worry about the wot till it breaks in a little. The piston is the weakest link in the kit. You'll have plenty of git up and go below 1/2. More than stock for sure. The rest is all gravy. I am still running a 2.4mm spacer on the base to keep the max rpm's below 11,000, and I have 1 gasket on the head (after 2 weeks of breakin) I had to richen the main to 118 from 115 after taking out the extra head gasket cause it pinged a little. Dont worry about squish yet either. as long as the piston edge is = to the top of the jug. If you are a little over the top (will be w/ 1 base gasket) shim the bottom. My spacer is = to 3 base gaskets. DO NOT try it w/ 1 base gasket unless you have another piston. this kit makes serious compression if set up 1 base, and 1 head gasket. 17.?:1. GRENADE! I figure now I'm running at 11.3:1 using hi-test, and 35:1 FUUULLLL Synth 2t. (1 1/2oz. to a full tank). I keep a bottle under the seat, and a couple of those graduated medicine cups, and mix at the pump.Gets almost 28 miles to a tank. Mostly 45-50mph avg. On a 4.5 mile stretch of hiway I run 60, and the rest is 45 (town). YOU'RE gonna F'n LUV IT
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 18, 2012, 02:01:34 AM »
Well sh**!!!.
This time i let it completely cure for 24 hrs and working with a 6 minute time table i LOST 3/4lb of pressure on a leak down test.
I didn't spray the intake but it has to be leaking there STILL since i never found any other leaks any where.
3/4lb is alot better tho... :D >:(
IDK Y this build is giving such sh**. I am actually starting to wonder if MAYBE my gasket material is a culprit in any type of way????????? It SHOULDN'T be anyway, it's just regular paper type roll of material from a local auto parts. I have made other gaskets with it tho, but i dam sure used a ROLL on this intake.  :o :-\
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 18, 2012, 04:30:37 AM »
The gray paper type is ok. The tan paper type wont hold up. Have you tried to pressurize it, and spray soapy water? A bike pump works fine Adapt an bolt on tire valve to the carb adapter.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 18, 2012, 12:36:00 PM »
working with a 6 minute time table i LOST 3/4lb of pressure on a leak down test

..dammit man!
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
    • American Scooter Forum - Scooter Invasion
« Reply #119 on: February 18, 2012, 01:58:47 PM »
Wait.  You never showed anyone your super-sexy pressure tester?  Man, now my feelings are hurt. :P

I've had a lot of leaks come from the Autotech manifolds.  They'll seal up, but the last one I did I had to use a thicker sealant like Hondabond to get it to stop leaking.  It does well sealing up bigger gaps.  I usually use the Wurth orange flange sealant if everything fits together pretty well, but it doesn't work well on the autotech manifolds because it's an anaerobic sealant.

~Josh
www.scooterinvasion.net - Tech help, repairs & tuning.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()