Author Topic: My lil" red demon  (Read 31488 times)

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
Re: My lil" red demon
« Reply #120 on: February 18, 2012, 03:32:07 PM »
Wait.  You never showed anyone your super-sexy pressure tester?  Man, now my feelings are hurt.

YES i did.. I had actually sent word a pic of it. We were showing off new "toys".  :D ;)
For the others that may not know, I was lucky enough to get a "real" tester awhile back to use on this build. Some of you may have seen this tester on another forum of Josh himself. Got me a TSG tuning leak down tester kit.(i dont have a pic now since my hard drive was wiped recently).

Yeah, i'm using the gray paper type.
I have used several different sealants already. I never had this issue this 1st time around but this time it's driving me insane!!  >:(
Never tried any "hondabond".

Last night i just started to slap it together anyway and see what the comp is going to be but i chickened out.  :D Figuered oh hell it's only 3/4 of a lb, it'll work out...  :-X  ;D
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2012, 07:18:17 PM »
I wouldn't do it. The jetting may "cover it up" but it is still a leak. I can't see why you're having such trouble w/ the manifold. Maybe it's a case leak? At this point I would pressurize it, and dunk it in a tub of water. A cool trick on this engine... You can double up the crank seals. I have (2) on each side. They are so small there is no issue w/ drag. Keep at it Bats.
   J., does your tester also pressurize as well? Maybe reverse the ball pump? Check valve?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 18, 2012, 08:01:31 PM »
I wouldn't do it. The jetting may "cover it up" but it is still a leak. I can't see why you're having such trouble w/ the manifold. Maybe it's a case leak? At this point I would pressurize it, and dunk it in a tub of water. A cool trick on this engine... You can double up the crank seals. I have (2) on each side. They are so small there is no issue w/ drag. Keep at it Bats.
   J., does your tester also pressurize as well? Maybe reverse the ball pump? Check valve?

I didn't do it.  ;) I miss my z  :'(
Yeah, i had sprayed it this a.m to actually confirm it was still the intake seal job and of course it was.  >:( @**!# #@!* *$#@!!#@..... ;D
I tore it apart again and dam, it was stuck on there, can't believe that was leaking.  ::)
Reinstalled now, going to wait for some drying time and check again. I did change the tightening around and layed it thick. Keep your fingers crossed.  :D ;)
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 18, 2012, 08:20:21 PM »

This guy hates women but wants to be one sooooo bad!                                             Mass confusion... MOMMY!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 23, 2012, 02:02:31 AM »
Another try has failed.. :'(
It is such a MINUTE leak... SHHHIT!!!!  :-[
I seen some "as seen on t.v" rubber stuff at the local DG. Suppose to instantly fix leaks, rubberized spray.(seems like i seen that commercial.  :-\) Either that or some good ol "goop" may work... :D
I'm about at my wits end with this tiny leak i cant get to disappear... >:( :( :-[ :-\
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 23, 2012, 03:36:55 AM »
You Got to be joking!

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 23, 2012, 03:43:51 AM »
You Got to be joking!

I need some of that sh**...lol..
I swear imma go get that spray rubber sh** from "as seen on tv".
The scooter gods are punishing me this week terribly.....
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 23, 2012, 03:51:24 AM »
Ain't you close enough to Josh. He can fix it in 20 minutes. (no offense) Got to be something you don't see.
                                                                Poor Bat's.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 23, 2012, 04:18:09 AM »
Na, i wish i was closer to him tho.  ;D
 He is about 3-3-1/2 hrs away. Now The Word Man is fairly close to him, think he's like 30 minutes from him.
I wish some dam body could fix it, evidently i can't.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) :-[ :-[ :'( :'(
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 24, 2012, 02:52:18 AM »
Sorry Bat's, NO DISS! Have you tried flat planing all the surfaces? A machinist's block can solve it. http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/showthread.php?t=42853
Use one as a base for some Emory paper, and true all the bits including the engine case under the manifold. Has to be a simple warp causing the trouble. Flatten it out!
Orrrrrr use the spray schtuff...NOT!

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 03, 2012, 05:27:01 PM »
 Well i'm not sure what has transpired but after 100 tests i said it's going to be "do or die time".
I kept having issues with a leak down test, tested MANY,MANY times. The last 5 test i did showed no leakage.  ??? ??? ??? IDK WTH is happening there.(long story)

SOOO, i said ok i'm done lets see what happens.
I finally got her together and she fired on the 3rd kick.  ;D She has a definate different sound than before with the malossi kit on.  Of course this is a 50 with a 44 crank.

I did have a touch of blueing on the pipe from before so i went ahead and jumped 2 sizes on the mj. (not sure what caused this or what throttle position, i was running wot alot.. ;D)
130mj  48pj  2nd slot needle.

This is going to be a challange as well since there is a set of secondary gears in (15/42) so i figure it's going to really whack out the cvt i had before.

I had made a short 15 second vid of the test fire but something is wrong with photobucket these days.. On MY end anyway, it's the only site that gives me trouble so i figured it was that site. Tried setting up with image shack and of course the vid isn't showing. Says it loaded but then says it's missing?
I did send the word man a copy of the vid to show off my proud moment, so i really do have proof that it fired... :D
Maybe photobucket will straighten out.. Has any one else had any issues with (them) lately?

J.... email being sent....
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 03, 2012, 05:34:52 PM »
Forgot to add...
I did fill the tank with 50.1 premix
I have done 4 heat up cycles..
I did go down the road to the end but i can tell the carb is off(still spitting) and of course the cvt is really off. I dont have a 2000 contra, needed to order a cpl but it appears that word ordered em all up. :o NOBODY has any red.. Seems that they are sqwapping to only green, violet, blue. Got the green and violet but they seem soft to me.. :D
Currently i have a S.A var w/9g malossi rollers
NCY 1500 contra with worn malossi 2000 flys.
Do have a motorio clutch to install but why scar it up till it's a bit closer. ;)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 05:37:05 PM by thebatman »
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 03, 2012, 08:40:00 PM »
Forgot to add...
I did fill the tank with 50.1 premix
I have done 4 heat up cycles..
I did go down the road to the end but i can tell the carb is off(still spitting) and of course the cvt is really off. I dont have a 2000 contra, needed to order a cpl but it appears that word ordered em all up. :o NOBODY has any red.. Seems that they are sqwapping to only green, violet, blue. Got the green and violet but they seem soft to me.. :D
Currently i have a S.A var w/9g malossi rollers
NCY 1500 contra with worn malossi 2000 flys.
Do have a motorio clutch to install but why scar it up till it's a bit closer. ;)
FIRST OFF! The kit runs at 37:1 full synth ONLY! Square that up. I use 1.75 oz. per tank. The carb spitting is showing rich so you may want to try leaning the main. I'm at 118main now w/ centered clip. The 48 pilot sounds right. I'm at 2 3/4 turns out w/ that.
SPI has the red spring in stock Get the torsion controller too $10.00 more. http://www.spi-parts.com/ Mention the forum/zombie for 10% off. I just talked to Louie last night, and he is extending the Zuma forum discount to us here.
The 9gr may be too heavy after breakin I am using 8's, and am cruising 45-50mph at 7.5-8gs. Still below the pipe so ther is PLENTY of power left. You may not get to the pipe rpms w/ the gears, AND heavy rollers but they will help for breakin.
You might want to go for lighter flys too. I'm using 1000, and have my delta set for the lowest rpm.s Much more rideable.
What is your Cyl. set up? Single/double/trip. gaskets?  Oh use a BR9 plug. The 8 WILL detonate.
You're ahead of the curve now Bro!

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 03, 2012, 10:24:28 PM »
..i can't get it to embed...but here's th lil red demon!!

« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 10:27:33 PM by wordslinger »
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 03, 2012, 10:28:42 PM »
..aannd another...lol.

..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()