Author Topic: My lil" red demon  (Read 31491 times)

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
Re: My lil" red demon
« Reply #150 on: March 07, 2012, 05:13:10 AM »
Oh yeah, What did you say about a silent pipe on de accel long ago?
My pipe did seem to get quiet coming to the drive on de accel.
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 07, 2012, 05:21:37 AM »
It's gotta be your oil Bats. (smoke) The kit is recommended to run on FULL Synth.

The boost jet runs off the bowl, and the jet itself is under the straight screw on TOP where the hose connects. If you run an air box the jet kicks in  but our open filters don't really allow it to run. The ONLY time I feel it is when I TOP out in rpm's. It will slow you down, and it actually runs rich. I just ignore it, and run the regular jets. I try NOT to top out this scoot as I want to sell it. Going on Craigs list tomorrow nite, as well as the forums.
I'm tired of maintaining a stressed out scoot. Same as a Bi-polar wife. TIRED OF THEM BOTH!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 07, 2012, 05:25:29 AM »
A quite pipe is too lean on the pilot. You should hear a Pop...Pop...Pop... vrooooommmmmmmmmmmmm pop pop pop. That quite is making the heat STAY instead of diminish. It's more important for the track but our scoots are as close to "track" as any.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 07, 2012, 05:45:28 AM »
quite pipe is too lean on the pilot. You should hear a Pop...Pop...Pop... vrooooommmmmmmmmmmmm pop pop pop. That quite is making the heat STAY instead of diminish. It's more important for the track but our scoots are as close to "track" as any

Well sh**, I bet when i lowered the needle all the way down, it must have leaned in between 1/4-1/2 on de accel. She had a NICE cruise on the way to ingles. Cruising 50 @ 7300rpm. Dam, i was thinking the same carb set up would still be good.  ::) Here we go again... :-X

The cvt is sh** though, kindof, sortof, maybe, but in a way not really.  :o ::). Clutch doesn't want to "grab" right.. Feels slippy maybe? old clutch with old 2000 flys also don't help.(sure the 9s r partly to blame too)

I cant believe you installed a green malossi. I thought the green was way soft. sh**, violet too for that matter.  ;D(green feels as soft as a white)

I'm tired of maintaining a stressed out scoot. Same as a Bi-polar wife. TIRED OF THEM BOTH!

I'd be tired of the wife part for dam sure... :D
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 07, 2012, 06:27:25 AM »
Your cruise sounds cool. The low needle explains the quite de-cell. Go down on the main. You can get a 118 ( I'LL find the link) and rich the air screw to compensate for that.
9's sound right as you are at good cruise rpm's.

Cause your rpm's are down the clutch will slip' Go to OEM or weaker springs to allow it to really grab. We are running a different set up, and the 2000 are more for "drag set ups" With all the torque from the kit we need more clutch grab not less. Either stretch yours to just bounce on NO slack or get OEM Kymcos. WE HAVE MONSTER TORQUE! RPM'S Are just a causilty

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 07, 2012, 06:31:48 AM »
I cant believe you installed a green malossi.

I'm on the RED contra, and OEM fly springs now. I really can't find any more to do to it! Drilled some holes in the "footwell" area for cooling the regulator, and ran out of mods. Like having a girl w/ a boob on her back just for hugs!!!  What more can you do!

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 07, 2012, 06:39:38 AM »
I really can't find any more to do to it! Drilled some holes in the "footwell" area for cooling the regulator, and ran out of mods. Like having a girl w/ a boob on her back just for hugs!!!  What more can you do!

SHHHHHIT. Naked bars?...(i want those too)
 Bigger kit that fkr?... Next Stop....125cc(well, i think it's a 122)
Paint the wheels? black the lenses like i done.. See, you have several more mods.... :D
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 07, 2012, 06:43:46 AM »
Your cruise sounds cool. The low needle explains the quite de-cell. Go down on the main. You can get a 118 ( I'LL find the link) and rich the air screw to compensate for that.
9's sound right as you are at good cruise rpm's.

Cause your rpm's are down the clutch will slip' Go to OEM or weaker springs to allow it to really grab. We are running a different set up, and the 2000 are more for "drag set ups" With all the torque from the kit we need more clutch grab not less. Either stretch yours to just bounce on NO slack or get OEM Kymcos. WE HAVE MONSTER TORQUE! RPM'S Are just a causilty

I do have a 120  i can stick in.(that was in it before)
Yeah, she seems like she has the torque.. I thought the stiffer flys helped get that grab i like? I do like having a "stall". I cant wait till i can get her towards town and really see the power difference.(figure it's goona be a day or 2 before i take her to far from home..
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 07, 2012, 06:44:41 AM »
Aprilla SR Factory... Next stop. Most likely in June Unless I get a Bite on the Z

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 07, 2012, 06:47:22 AM »
Aprilla SR Factory... Next stop. Most likely in June Unless I get a Bite on the Z

A hella choice right there......
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 07, 2012, 06:48:08 AM »
You're doing the right thing. Keep it low, and slow till it's jetted. On the plus side I have heated my pipe to pure silver, and run at 1/3rd 2t oil for 3-4-5 hundred miles in a month. The kit will take lean just NO detonation.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 08, 2012, 04:34:00 AM »
You're doing the right thing. Keep it low, and slow till it's jetted. On the plus side I have heated my pipe to pure silver, and run at 1/3rd 2t oil for 3-4-5 hundred miles in a month. The kit will take lean just NO detonation.

Yeah, she will be going real slow for a bit..I didn't get to mess with it any today. Today is my LONG day at school. Hopefully it'll be nice out tomorrow and i can adjust the carb again and test.
Everything seemed ok with that ride to the grocery store. In still have the BR8 plug in, seems every shop/store is out of any 9's altogether, half of them are even out of 8's. Maybe somebody will get some plugs in. ::) (hell, i 'm about out of the "100" i had stock piled from chops,etc.)
I guess i need to richen up the de-accel. Imma have to raise the needle for that though. Imma try your post about the 120. ;D.
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 08, 2012, 05:05:55 AM »
I forgot to mention the BR9's are not sold in the US. They aren't even listed here. http://www.superscoot.eu/products/1039-ngk-br9hsa.aspx They are not imported at all. You have to get them From Jiangwayne. Wayne will hook you up with 6 of them for 25 bucks shipped. Alot of people have asked lately. I just never posted it. (ace in the hole). I think they may be too cold to meet emissions or some such. Cant really figure why else

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 08, 2012, 12:32:44 PM »
They aren't? Say what?
I was going to the local Napa auto parts and buying the BR9's at one point.
(i was getting all my plugs there, way cheaper than the local scoot shops. ;)) :D
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 08, 2012, 04:14:03 PM »
Well, I'm starting to believe that all this smoke a 2t is SUPPOSE to throw out is hog wash...
I have NEVER had alot of smoke out the pipe. Get some at idle but when moving, NO smoke from then on..
I tried a suggestion this a.m and it does seem to be working??. I raised the needle 1 slot and now.....Rich again, with VERY LITTLE smoke.(as usual)
I removed my plug this am to see what it looked like from my 10mi? ride to a store.
Plug was black and dry, bout to start the sooty stage.. Maybe i need to install the 45pj.?.?.?.?....  :-[
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()