Author Topic: My lil" red demon  (Read 31512 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: My lil" red demon
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2011, 08:39:18 PM »
I would say go w/ the stock crank, and the Jiangwayne 50mm kit. Cheap, and very strong. I had a delay in San Fran. customs, and received my jug yesterday, (14 days). Sooo My experience is limited to a good breakin, and 4-5 miles wide open. Buttt, The jug is flawless. The ports are even, and symmetrical. The piston sits 2mm above the openings at bdc (to allow for the stroker crank) but the squish is perfect at .8mm. The dome has a 40% squish band that will tolerate regular fuel, but it screams on hi-test.There is a 28mm exhaust that works for all the standard pipes. (next r /rs ect...) The only "fitting" needed was in the piston casting. The boost port had some xtra metal in the triangle cut out, and the skirt had the same. My last runs w/ the 70cc malossi were at 60-62mph. The new kit w/24 mm Delorto is burying the speedo on flat ground. The mid range is the BIG winner. It will pull the front wheel leaning into a corner. My overall opinion is I NEED a stiffener on the frame. This has gone from a cool scoot to a scary ass machine. I know this is what this scoot was lacking.          On to the stretch. You can pull off the center stand, Remove the rubber bushing from the forward engine brace, and couple a 10" pipe into the bushing housing. Then re-bolt the engine into the holes from the center stand. That gives you a 6" extension for free. No welding either as the pipe is held in place by the engine mount. Look at it close, and you can have the job done in an hour! I will post some picts. of the finished scoot tomorrow. Peace~
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2011, 12:47:19 AM »
I would say go w/ the stock crank, and the Jiangwayne 50mm kit. Cheap, and very strong. I had a delay in San Fran. customs, and received my jug yesterday, (14 days). Sooo My experience is limited to a good breakin, and 4-5 miles wide open. Buttt, The jug is flawless. The ports are even, and symmetrical. The piston sits 2mm above the openings at bdc (to allow for the stroker crank) but the squish is perfect at .8mm. The dome has a 40% squish band that will tolerate regular fuel, but it screams on hi-test.There is a 28mm exhaust that works for all the standard pipes. (next r /rs ect...) The only "fitting" needed was in the piston casting. The boost port had some xtra metal in the triangle cut out, and the skirt had the same. My last runs w/ the 70cc malossi were at 60-62mph. The new kit w/24 mm Delorto is burying the speedo on flat ground. The mid range is the BIG winner. It will pull the front wheel leaning into a corner. My overall opinion is I NEED a stiffener on the frame. This has gone from a cool scoot to a scary ass machine. I know this is what this scoot was lacking.          On to the stretch. You can pull off the center stand, Remove the rubber bushing from the forward engine brace, and couple a 10" pipe into the bushing housing. Then re-bolt the engine into the holes from the center stand. That gives you a 6" extension for free. No welding either as the pipe is held in place by the engine mount. Look at it close, and you can have the job done in an hour! I will post some picts. of the finished scoot tomorrow. Peace~

There you are. Sorry i missed you.. So i'm liking the sound of your kit... That's awesome. I'm actually waiting on a reply email from them ATM. That sale price is crazy sweet.
BUT Z, a 50 with the oem crank?... WTH?? That should(i would think) be terrible. It don't seem like you could get the max out of it unless you had the 44 crank in it.....+ it's 4cc....lol
I gotta have a crank. I like their "stuffer" crank but it's more $ of course..(i'm actually debating the $ difference between them and carlos total on the crank..
(It's only like a $10 difference between the oem and 44)
I have JUUUST about talked myself into the 44 crank.. Why/what are your reasons for saying stay with the oem... MAke it a 80...that should be a FUN ride there...lol

As to the stretch, I had taken the mount itself and had 7" welded in. Now i have 2 mounts. Either stretched or reg... I hadnt ever heard the way you said. I just thought mine was the cheap way...lol  I wanna do the shock mount the same way, that way i have a choice in length...lol
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2011, 01:00:16 AM »
Oh yeah, i don't think i've ever gotten to ask about the gears you run...
Primary?   Secondary?
I have a 10.5:1 wheel/bell ratio.. (Seems i remember yours were different)
I DO have a set of secondary gears of 15/42 but never installed them.
I'm THINKING either way should net about 4mph?. Probably would be nice to swap both.. :D
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2011, 01:49:18 AM »
I tried to post w/ picts. soo here are some picts anyway
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2011, 01:49:58 AM »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2011, 01:51:19 AM »
```

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2011, 05:25:42 PM »
Dam.. I missed you again.... >:(
That black looks good as hell in the pics.. I like your lettering too. ;) I couldn't tell what the forks had on them tho.. Wasn't your forks yellow?.
Yeah, a brace maybe the ticket. That makes em look "mean" also... :D
Hope to be able to rack your brain soon... ;)  :D
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2011, 05:30:31 PM »
Update time again.......
Still waiting to get some pilot jets in so i can hopefully fix my "flat top end". Hitting around 55mph atm..
I do hope that with CORRECT carb,cvt tunning she'll be a bit closer to 60, hoping gears will actually top 60 BUT,idk yet stay tuned, same bat channel, same bat time... ;D  Pretty sure if i had the rs2 pipe i ma be hitting 60 easier... ::)
HEre is a few pics of her looks atm...

After i get her dialed in better, I get to tear the rear end off to install some 15/42 secondary gears AND hopefully to finally get my 7" stretch installed.(i have the mount bracket ready, just need to get shock mount placed).. I am hoping going down to a 38-40 pj will bring the carb back to max output

I had given "props" on another forum but BIG PROPS HAS to go out to "SHAKA", and "SIDTHESLOTH", 2 awesome guys i met on this forum in the beginning... I probably would have burned her by now if not for these guys... 2 members that are no longer with us deserve major props as well, And that would be the infamous "ZOMBIE" and "WORDSLINGER"... (i do still talk to word)... These 4 guys put up with alot of sh** from me in the beginning....they STILL put up with sh** from me, what am i saying?.. :D

Just wanted to show what mine WAS looking like........(again with the dam pics)..... before i had to tear the engine back down. The engine is in several pieces ATM and my poor baby is mighty lonely. Hope to FINALLY rebuild very soon after some more info is gathered...lol
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2011, 11:34:43 AM »
Hey guys.. Update time again... :D
Z hasn't returned but i have placed my order for my next build. I spoke to wayne several times on the phone, various emails, Even got another call and email with pics of my order being done. ;D
I went with the 50 and 44 crank. This,according to the porting program, will take my baby up to a baby stroker @ 86.4cc. 8) She should be a dam beast!!

HEre is a pic of MY extension that's going on also. ;D

Here is a pic i found of a zx in japan. This is ONE SWEET ASS RIDE..

Any input is always wanted... I don't guess i'll get much help on one forum anymore.. Evidently i have made 2 ppl mad over a god dam scooter and another over a god dam wheel that he wanted to BUY.(guess i was suppose to offer it and not take any money for it, IDK), all i know is they won't speak anymore >:(
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2011, 09:25:37 PM »
Good luck with your build batman, you will absolutely love it, I think the 44 crank make a nice difference. It would be good if you could do the crank and cyl at different times to get an idea of the effect of each.
Sorry to hear of people being upset with you, can't understand that. Again, good luck.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2011, 12:16:54 AM »
Thank you sid... I cant wait to try it out.. :D
I didn't think it be that high cc's but i'm liking the sound of 86.4, :D ;)
For some reason one pic i'm not seeing up so i'll post it again. ::)

I do hope you'll stick around for i'm sure a bunch of questions from me... :D
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2011, 12:17:57 AM »
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2011, 12:18:37 AM »
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2011, 12:12:08 PM »
I don't know if I will be able to help, but if I can, I will surely try. I gotta stick around to see this one, it will be well worth your effort.
I don't have the ZX anymore, I went out and bought a Sym VS125 today. I need something for getting to work on and I think this will fit the bill quite nicely. After looking at a few scooters, I have found that the ZX50 is a very under rated scooter.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2011, 03:54:42 PM »
..word up sid!!!

..i rode my bud's zx a cpl days...did a lil work on it for him..

..it's a bit too small for me, but that lil focker would fly!!
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()