Author Topic: My lil" red demon  (Read 31479 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: My lil" red demon
« Reply #135 on: March 03, 2012, 10:36:38 PM »
It's rich on the bottom, and dragging from low oil mix. It'll have more "pep" once you sort those out
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 04, 2012, 12:06:21 AM »
What up Word? Thanks for the uploads.(i could hear it but not see, thinking i may have to much ram going at that time??)  :-\

Z, your running 37.1?.. If i remember right i seem to remember using 40.1
I'm under the impression that TO MUCH oil will lean????
(i had once poured 2x the oil and was told i had leaned instead of any richening.)
I just did the 50.1, didnt even think, I got a print of 32,40,50.1 ratios....

OH, how are you running 37.1 with only 1.75oz.?
It would/should be 5oz for a 32.1 mix???? 
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 04, 2012, 12:21:23 AM »
The tank is 3,7litre (.97 gal)(124oz) 1.75oz premix, and I'm running at... f***... I'm running at 70.8:1!!!!!!! f***!   
Ok guys... Did I ever tell you how good Golden Spectro is. The BEST oil on the PLANET. Even a "Tree dwelling Croation" can't f*** it up!
I THOUGHT there were 64 oz in a gallon FUCCCCCK.
I had a series of cold/soft seizes that I got out w/ the pilot jet but "Holly bad math Batman"
GOOD CALL!
Wayne is the one that told me 37:1 full synth. to keep it running (Jiangwayne). I'll call to let him know it runs on MUCH less
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 04, 2012, 12:36:15 AM »
The tank is 3,7litre (.97 gal

The zx tank? I thought it was 1.3gal..

I had a 120mj in the carb before but since i had a spot of blue and it's colder weather is why i had shot up to the 130mj last night.  The mj affecting idle-1/2?(you mentioned leaning the main)
I thought the mj was 3/4+
ISn't the needle 1/4-3/4?
idle is pj and mix?
I know it's gotta be rich from1/4-1/2, seems ok at idle. Of course i have never been sure of the amount of "constant" smoke from pipe. I got oil residue on it today from the test.. :D
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 04, 2012, 02:25:06 AM »
W/ gas at 3.97 a gal. I pay 3.50 to fill the tank. Just under a gallon You might be right. I need to check again or I'm running near 90:1.
The main does "bleed over into the idle circuit, just as the idle affects the wot. The OKO is VERY picky this way. It took alot of fiddleing to dial mine in. The excess oil MAY be from assembly. I just took it easy never going over the part of the jetting that was working. As a trouble spot appeared I wuld go back to the drawing board. If it ran good to lets say 1/2 I would cruise around at that for a bit, and go adjust the other part. That way I KNEW how it acted before, and after. That's how I found the "bleed" effect.
What oil are you using?

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 04, 2012, 01:34:51 PM »
Yeah the tank shoould be a 1.3 gal
I remember when i filled the s9 how much more they hold(S9=1.9gal.)

I guess i need to return the mj back to a 125-120(did have a 120)if that's the case.
I had tried richening the needle itself(mid slot) 1 slot but it made it worse(2nd slot,almost down again)

I usually use MOTUL 700 or 800 for the oil, but for this 1st fill up on the ZX i had to use BEL-RAY(which i swore i wasnt using anymore cause of carbon build up with Bel ray).
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 04, 2012, 07:58:45 PM »
Ok guys... Did I ever tell you how good Golden Spectro is. The BEST oil on the PLANET. Even a "Tree dwelling Croation" can't f*** it up!
I THOUGHT there were 64 oz in a gallon FUCCCCCK

..what you smokin' z??

??? :o ::) :o ???
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 04, 2012, 11:57:20 PM »
It's not the quantity, but rather the QUALITY!
Did you guys see that? A monkey just appeared on my screen!  Bad monkey...
Damn. Where was I???

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 05, 2012, 12:00:10 AM »
I THOUGHT there were 64 oz in a gallon FUCCCCCK

I'm gonna submit that quote to G.Spectro. Maybe they'll send me some free oil for the slogan. Like Robert Blake selling STP back in the day

oldschoolsanta

• feel the 50 cc power
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 06, 2012, 07:48:17 AM »
Can some one explain to me which wire do you cut from the CDI and how.If some one uploads a picture of a CDI done like thiss i would be very grateful. :)
feel the 50 cc power

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 06, 2012, 06:44:11 PM »
Well, i installed 1 size smaller main...125
Lowered the needle to the 1st slot(all the way down) and NOW she may want to run...
From my readings, if the needle needs to be all the way DOWN then you should install a smaller pj
If it's all the way UP, then a bigger jet is needed..  Wondering if i should install smaller pj so i can raise the needle back to 2nd or mid slot???????

This engine sounds so much different than the malossi kit did... This one is deeper but yet more "dirt bikey" sounding when throttle is given... Idling she just shakes and thumps... ;D

I would have thought that the carb set up that was in would have been ok since i was using it in the summer months but it wasnt... Rich as a mo fo.(up to 1/2 anyway, hadnt went past half yet. ;))

I should probably add another oz of oil to my tank to get 40.1 instaed of the 50.1 in it now

I'm hoping to get some carb advice again on this 24mm OKO.......
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 07, 2012, 04:19:14 AM »
Can some one explain to me which wire do you cut from the CDI and how.If some one uploads a picture of a CDI done like thiss i would be very grateful. :)
Wrong thread Santa... Or is it Satan...
They'll fix it for you

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 07, 2012, 04:29:04 AM »
From my readings, if the needle needs to be all the way DOWN then you should install a smaller pj
If it's all the way UP, then a bigger jet is needed..  Wondering if i should install smaller pj so i can raise the needle back to 2nd or mid slot?

Zactley right on the main... The jet you change depends on where the trouble comes in. If you are cruising real nice at low rpm's then go for the main. Try a "chop at top end. We have that goofy "boost jet" to deal with too.
If your idle to a TINY bit of throttle is good for cruise (20-25mph), and your transition to top feels good leave the Pilot alone, and do the main. When you do you will need to enrich the air screw to compensate.
Goofy ass carb...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 07, 2012, 04:30:34 AM »
Psssss Bro! Now that I know there are 124ish ounces to a gallon I adjusted too. I'm now on a 120

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 07, 2012, 05:06:55 AM »
We have that goofy "boost jet" to deal with too

I havent even touched that dam thing. I was lost on it beforre now.. :D
The only way to open that jet is to EXPOSE that jet. Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of needing a clean carb? Great way for debris to get inside through that jet....

Oh Hey, what's your pipe smoking about? do you(the engine) smoke constantly thru the pipe. I seemed to have some smoke ok at 1st, went ot the store on her and sh**, i can tell a hella differnce vs the 70!! ;D 8) CRUISING 50 at 1/4 throttle WITH 9g rollers. ;)
Alot more power below, no strain at all today ran nice but by the time i got home the pie wasnt smoking anymore. I have NEVER had a thick, constant cloud of smoke surrounding the scoot.
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()