Author Topic: Kymco people 150 quits running  (Read 1523 times)

ZEN

• View Profile
Kymco people 150 quits running
« on: December 18, 2010, 10:00:57 PM »
quits running after about 40 miles, only does this sometimes, first time it happened service tech said probable cause moisture in breather since it was raining hard. Wrong, did it again after about 40 miles in dry weather, checked plug for fire and was okay, appeared dry though so assume no fuel getting to cylinder. From manual appears to have key control fuel shut off near bottom of tank, and what looks like another fuel control unit in the carburetor inlet.  So far scooter has restarted usually after waiting about 5 or 10 minutes and then runs just fine. Just don't trust it except on short trips because I figure it will not restart one of these times. Anyone else experience this problem and have a solution. Thanks

Hoolander2

• View Profile
Re: Kymco people 150 quits running
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 03:12:25 AM »
We've heard of a number of stopped up gas cap vents.  If it does it again, try opening the gas cap and see if it starts immediately.  Or go ahead and clean the vent now.  Don't know if this is the problem but it's easy to try.  I've heard here of using a guitar string and some solvent to clean it. 

bsi87

• View Profile
Re: Kymco people 150 quits running
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 02:23:18 AM »
My reading at various forums sez its the CDI module. I have same problem, trying to find an aftermarket unit.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()