Author Topic: NSR: interesting at the Toyota dealer  (Read 308 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
NSR: interesting at the Toyota dealer
« on: November 08, 2023, 11:46:59 PM »
Took daughter's Scion in for an oil & filter change, and yearly inspection yesterday.

Only two cars in the big empty showroom.
Saw adverts in the showroom and on the window sticker for the special "PULSE" feature which is an option on these new Toyotas.
I read the fine print - the 3rd brake light does the same thing that the "tail Blazer" modulating brake light bulbs do for motorcycles and scooters.
 'Pulses' a few strokes then stops pulsing each time the brake is used. (it also pulsed at start-up to let you know it is still working)
Years ago I put one in my Burgman and a Honda CB500X. I liked it on the scoot and the motorbike!
I forget how much Toyota was charging for this on the options listing on the window.

Plug and play. No wiring needed - simply replace the bulb. Came with extra bulbs - but we never needed them.
https://kisantech.com/

Also - the service tech lady was telling me that her brother has a 1st generation Scion xB with 860,000 miles on it!
She said it still has the original engine and transmission. He is hoping to reach 1,000,000 miles on it!

Stig
« Last Edit: November 08, 2023, 11:48:46 PM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
Re: NSR: interesting at the Toyota dealer
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2023, 01:49:42 PM »
I saw a newer car the other day where I swear I  saw the high mount brake light flash...Since it was a newer car I thought I must have been seeing things..maybe I wasn't!?

I haven't been paying much attention to dealer inventories...since the showroom was empty, was the lot also emptier than usual?
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2023, 03:27:40 PM »
I had a bimmer once ('82 320i) just shy of 500k when it was rear ended and totaled, never had good luck with Toyotas, sure the engines are rock solid performers, but alternators, power steering pumps, starters

I just read that Toyota is coming out with a bare bones Hilux ....with an equivalent price tag of $10k un US dollars, but won't be sold in the US. Mexico will get it, Thailand is primary sales target. They will be like they were 50 years ago, when Japanese trucks first hit the American market.
RandyO
IBA#9560

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2023, 09:26:26 PM »
I saw a newer car the other day where I swear I  saw the high mount brake light flash...Since it was a newer car I thought I must have been seeing things..maybe I wasn't!?

I haven't been paying much attention to dealer inventories...since the showroom was empty, was the lot also emptier than usual?

Yeah - the used lot didn't have an abundance of cars - but this is a huge dealership - a multi-state business. About a mile away is their Kia, Hyundai lot. Across the Toyota parking lot from me was their Chevy dealership where I take my truck. This guy doesn't handle Honda or VW....which are avail in town.  And you have to go to Dayton to get a Jeep/Chrysler - I forget where the nearest Ford dealership is. not in this town.

There are several used lots all over the county! So many sprung up after the chip shortage. Guys sold their worm farms and bought cars at auction "to make a killing". I wonder if they're losing their shirts - every vacant lot became a used car dealership - they don't seem to move the stock, prices are crazy.

People are buying new houses! As fast as one is built they are sold. Interesting process. They bring in pre-fab sections, lay them in the rain, number them and the three guys with green cards & a boom-box put them together into 2 story homes with plastic siding, a few cheap windows, maybe a little brick, tiny yards. Charge $225,000>$250,000 - and they sell!

At 8% - hard to figure.

that's all I got...
Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()