Author Topic: Battery  (Read 6658 times)

Rianna

• View Profile
Re: Battery
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2011, 04:31:59 PM »
This is so good to hear from you, Elliot. :)

Well, I had thought that I was supposed to take a trip myself this winter, but someone messed up my eight digit reservation # and I was told that I could not go without it and the password, perhaps it wasn't meant to be...I took ill shortly after that with a fever anyway!!

Construction workers hit a drainage pipe while working on the sewer system in the neighborhood leaving me with a bathtub full of mud and no way to soak my aching back for many days...after much rest, the dehydration and fever has finally lifted and my back is improving.

Well, on the 7th, tomorrow, they are supposed to try again to fix it, so I will get in one more good hot bath before they mess things up again!!

Happy all is well with you and yours! :)

Rianna

Yager E

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2011, 12:29:07 PM »
Geez Rianna, sorry to hear about those problems with the water. Hopefully they'll get it fixed today ? Try to get out somewhere to take a vacation when you can, its good for the mind and body! With all this lousy weather all over, there are going to be a lot of people with cabin fever....and it could cause a baby boom.....not to mention dead batteries (on the scoots). Keep those batteries charged!!!

Elliot
Elliot

2010 Yager GT 200i
Proud member of the Patriot Guard Riders
Support our Troops!

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2011, 08:36:08 PM »
thank you so much, Elliot...have a great day!! ;)

Dion

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2011, 09:37:09 PM »
I had a small problem late in January with the battery in my S8 150 ... it seems it came from the dealer with a low charge and the stop and start cycles on a new bike followed the cold weather just depleted it. I had both a Schumacher 6/12 and a Battery tender but the little battery in the S8 was just too small for a maintenance charge. (I think it's just a 4 amp output)

I found on Amazon a neat little charger which has some nice features for modern, small bike batteries.

http://www.amazon.com/CTEK-Multi-Smart-Battery-Charger/dp/B000FQBWCY/ref=sr_1_31?ie=UTF8&qid=1299619599&sr=8-31

This has a desulphating function, then a long slow charge cycle and finally a very low trickle phase which is done automatically. All you need to do is to set the button switch for the type of vehicle, the circuitry in the charger takes care of the rest. When I replaced it in the bike, it started better than ever and now my craniking time for a cold start is less than five seconds. While not a cheap solution, extra pigtails are readily available and it also works really well on my truck.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()