Author Topic: File too large?  (Read 366 times)

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
File too large?
« on: January 13, 2024, 08:43:17 PM »
I'm trying to list my scooter for sale but keep getting a "file too large" error code. What's the problem?
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS  Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics, Battery Tender ring terminal cable, LED tag light.         
Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i AB

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: File too large?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2024, 09:32:20 PM »
Not sure how some run into this problem.
I've never had the problem.
Try a different photo host?

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2024, 12:56:30 PM »
Take an app like "InFrame" reduce size and it will work.
As said in this att pic, stay under 1024KB.
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

rjs987

• 2022 Kymco AK 550 - Matte Deep Blue
  • Central Iowa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2024, 07:18:24 PM »
I also get that message when attempting to directly insert a photo in a post here. All my photos are 2-3 times bigger for file size than allowed. That limit of 1024 kb includes the size of the entire post... not just the photos. At first I was resizing the photos I wanted to post here but that was too much work for doing only for this forum. I don't have the issue on any other forum. I do keep my photos on Google Photos so I decided to just attach a link to the photo in my Google Photos albums which is an option there and also works really well IMO.
/bob
2022 Kymco AK 550 Super Touring Extreme in Matte Deep Blue
RETIRED - US Navy and Air National Guard and civilian career

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2024, 09:18:18 AM »
I also get that message when attempting to directly insert a photo in a post here. All my photos are 2-3 times bigger for file size than allowed. That limit of 1024 kb includes the size of the entire post... not just the photos. At first I was resizing the photos I wanted to post here but that was too much work for doing only for this forum. I don't have the issue on any other forum. I do keep my photos on Google Photos so I decided to just attach a link to the photo in my Google Photos albums which is an option there and also works really well IMO.

You're right Bob, it is a ball-ache!  My photos are typically 2-5Mb!  No hope without labourious re-sizing which is why I don't post many.  The limitation is doubtless another facet of the age of the site's infrastructure?
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()