Author Topic: POSSIBLY BROKEN BEARINGS IN STEERING  (Read 1350 times)

original.wire

• View Profile
POSSIBLY BROKEN BEARINGS IN STEERING
« on: December 22, 2010, 12:37:04 PM »
CAN ANY ONE HELP!! I RECENTLY FELL OFF MY SCOOTER ON AN ICEY ROAD I WAS ONLY GOING ABOUT 5MPH OR SUMMIT BUT IT SLID FROM UNDERNEATH ME ON THE RIGHT SIDE AND SLAMMED PRETTY HARD ON THE GROUND,

THE SCOOTER RUNS FINE ITS JUST THE STEERING NOW FEELS FUNNY AS IF ITS PULLING ME TO THE LEFT OR TO THE RIGHT I THINK THE BEARINGS MAY HAVE BROKE, CAN THIS BE FIXED MYSELF?? ITS DOES CREAK SLIGHTLY WHEN I TURN THE HANDLE BARS TO THE RIGHT ANY SUGGESTIONS? ??? ???

blue

• View Profile
Re: POSSIBLY BROKEN BEARINGS IN STEERING
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 01:26:28 PM »
you may of got lucky and just have to rejust things a little or yes you can replace bearings your self
but it is a little work because you have to taire the front apart to get to theam. and also after a fall like that your cables and everything maybe be pulling your scoot to the side just have to check things out and see what all happen to the scoot in the fall. make sure your front forks are streight also.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 03:34:15 AM »
Hi, original.wire. Sorry to hear about your scoot. I hope you get lucky and the creaking is just some noise from the cables and wires rubbing  under the front cover when you turn the handlebars. They may have come out from behind the guide wire they are tucked into to hold them in. Definitely check that all of the fork mount bolts are tight and haven't worked loose. I hope the steering nut is tight and that it's not the bearings. The manual does have some pics and instructions for changing them if you need to.

Good luck!

original.wire

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 08:14:48 AM »
thanks guys i am truly devastated ive only had the bike about 4 weeks its pretty new, i really dont no wear to begin in regards to taking the front of my kmymco (agility 50cc) does any one have a link to a picture of how to do it or anything i am a complete novice when it comes to scooters, what tools would i need? thank you so much

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 10:13:27 PM »
There is a link to a manual in this topic here. It shows pictures and tells which tools are needed.

http://kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=1973.msg13594#msg13594

original.wire

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 09:33:25 AM »
cheers your a star

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2010, 01:24:40 PM »
cheers your a star

No shes your mother now do as she says and fix your scoot. ;D

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2010, 05:37:39 PM »
It's highly unlikely the bearings have been damaged in such a crash.  Such a crash frequently twists the forks in their mounts which is easily corrected.  Put scooter on center stand -- grab front wheel between your legs or knees very firmly -- grab handlebars and twist very firmly till it all lines up again.  If that doesn't work you're probably going to need professional repairs. 

Your handlebars could be bent too but that's not a huge deal.  Probably need a shop/mechanic to fix them if they're badly bent. 

original.wire

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 10:02:39 AM »
LOL CHEERS MATE, I THINK IT IS THE WIRES RUBBIN TOGETHER HANDLBARS SEEM OK BUT THE CREAKING NOISE DOES SEEM TO BE CUMMING FROM THE WIRES, AM GUNNA GET A SCREW DRIVER AND UN DO THE BOLT ABOVE THE HEAD LIGHT SEE IF THAT CAN GET ME ACCESS TO THE WIRES, WISH ME LUCK  ::)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()