Author Topic: NSR: Ohio women continue to play Battle Trucks with me!  (Read 254 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
NSR: Ohio women continue to play Battle Trucks with me!
« on: June 06, 2024, 08:11:10 PM »
Twice an Ohio woman has hit my poor vintage Silvertornado 1500 !
Both times I was just getting a coffee!
Nailed me at Toim Horton's last year - backed across the parking lot into me while I was inside. "it wasn't there when I parked earlier!"
"So, if a kid was standing there and you backed over him - that excuse would work on the police report!!??..."he wasn't there when I parked!"

Anyway - downtown early this morning, daughter and I grabbed a cup of coffee and, she, a pastry, after her 12 hr shift at the hosp.
Sitting at covered patio table on the sidewalk...15 ft from our truck, across from the coffee shop.
"Dad, that car just hit our truck! Shook the whole truck!", she said.

This gumball was trying to parallel park in front of me.  ....by pulling forward into the spot. Caught my L front with her R rear corner.
Guy in a car behind her, hollered, "Hey that lady just hit that truck!...is it yours?!"
Yes, thanks ...

I told my daughter, "start limping!"
I walked up to her window and knocked on her glass. " 'Morning.., you just hit my truck."
35 yr old w/female, no wants or warrants - pony tail, business dress, soccer mom vehicle.

The 3 of us inspected the truck. I took a snap of her license and rear plate, and my truck.
Finally, she calmed down - "do you want to make a police report?!" We're 250 ft from the jail/police station. (I'm thinking - "no I just want to finish my coffee over there on the table")
I asked her, "have you been drinking?"

She said "no."
I said "OK, looks like a scrape to me - I'll call you if my bumper falls off."
Patted her on the shoulder and told her to "be careful out there."

While she was praising the heavens, I told my daughter - "you know.... you switched legs there...."

Stig

PS: "Dad can't believe you let her off so easy. And, the drinking question!? it's 9 AM!"
True - but this is Ohio, dear.

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
Re: NSR: Ohio women continue to play Battle Trucks with me!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2024, 03:40:42 AM »
Shame Stig, but you acted commendably sanguine there?

Loved the Hill St. Blues reference!
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2024, 11:07:02 AM »
Shame Stig, but you acted commendably sanguine there?

Loved the Hill St. Blues reference!

:)
Daughter, and this felon with a pony tail - were both too young to have seen that show!
(you had that show in the U.K. - what, with subtitles?)

Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Neil955i

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2024, 03:32:21 PM »
:)
(you had that show in the U.K. - what, with subtitles?)

Stig

Could've done with them sometimes!  But no, the only character that lost me with his dialogue sometimes was Mick Belker (Bruce Weitz).
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: NSR: Ohio women continue to play Battle Trucks with me! - again!
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2024, 08:45:53 PM »
By dam if another lady didn't try to ram my truck again yesterday afternoon!
Was sitting in a medical facility parking lot - waiting on my daughter to get some x-rays..
I like to park in a "pilled thru" space - so I just need to pull forward - don't have to back into parking lot traffic.
A lady came out and got in the minivan parked across the lot directly in front of me.
She gets in and starts turning and back....and backing...and backing....And I say aloud, "not again!" - so I laid on that truck's very loud horn and stayed on it until she finally stopped with the corner of her van an inch or two away from my grill!

I'm a little fed up with this kind of driving.....back-up cameras or no...

Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Neil955i

• View Profile
Re: NSR: Ohio women continue to play Battle Trucks with me! - again!
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2024, 08:41:37 AM »

She gets in and starts turning and back....and backing...and backing....And I say aloud, "not again!" - so I laid on that truck's very loud horn and stayed on it until she finally stopped with the corner of her van an inch or two away from my grill!

I'm a little fed up with this kind of driving.....back-up cameras or no...

Stig

That was me, 5 years ago in my last whoopsie!  Distracted, reversing and clomped straight into the lady parked behind me!  Red face on my part or what?
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()