Author Topic: Kaoko throttle stabilizer  (Read 573 times)

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
Kaoko throttle stabilizer
« on: June 17, 2024, 07:33:29 PM »
  I just saw a You Tube video on a Kaoko throttle stabilizer. Has anyone here tried one, and with what results.
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS  Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics, Battery Tender ring terminal cable, LED tag light.         
Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i ABS

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Kaoko throttle stabilizer
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2024, 01:34:10 PM »
had to look it up, have not heard of it before. It looks to be a quality piece to firm up your throttle and also provide a throttle lock, or cruise control.
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2024, 12:55:07 PM »
Got this as an unrequested side-effect when I had my heated grips fitted!  Owing to friction the throttle action now requires a positive twist in both directions!

I was told this would likely fix itself in a short while.  Well, here we are, six moths in and it's still unchanged.  I was a bit apprehensive to start with, but now I've got used to it, I find it presents no problem at all and the ability to let go occasionally* to flex my arthritic knuckles in cold weather is quite handy.  Old age can be a bugger. 

* Don't try this at home kiddies!  Obviously briefly and only on the straights.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2024, 12:56:55 PM by Neil955i »
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

stuo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2024, 11:02:43 PM »
I've tried several and find the "motorcycle throttle wrist rest" the best compromise. It doesn't lock the throttle but allows you to lay your wrist on a lever rather than twisting your wrist, which is a big help to this arthritic geezer rider. You can get four of them for $7 on amazon, ebay has them, too. Easy to snap on or off and easy to adjust on the go.
2009 GV 250

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2024, 12:15:58 AM »
I've tried several and find the "motorcycle throttle wrist rest" the best compromise. It doesn't lock the throttle but allows you to lay your wrist on a lever rather than twisting your wrist, which is a big help to this arthritic geezer rider. You can get four of them for $7 on amazon, ebay has them, too. Easy to snap on or off and easy to adjust on the go.

short of  a real cruise control like Rostra, or even Audiovox if you can still find one (I understand Murf's CS100 is  the same as the old Audiovox), the wrist rest or similar is the best option
RandyO
IBA#9560

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2024, 02:14:04 AM »

This looks like the best solution for me also. Thank you for that information.
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS  Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics, Battery Tender ring terminal cable, LED tag light.         
Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i ABS

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2024, 08:20:54 AM »

Yup, I agree Stuo and I have one on my Triumph.
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()