Author Topic: looking for a project  (Read 269 times)

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
looking for a project
« on: July 03, 2024, 02:23:31 AM »
was a little bored tonight and feeling a bit antsy to do something...couldn't recall if I'd totally disassembled and cleaned/lubed all the pivot points in the front suspension on my Helix when I redid it 3 years ago. So I spent about 90 minutes removing front wheel and unbolting the lower shock mounts and the pivot arms with their 3 holes...1 bearing, 1 bushing and 1 open, for the axle.

Oddly complex front suspension on the Helix. 2 fixed fork like tubes, 2 individual shocks, 2 pivot arms with the previously mentioned bearing, bushing and axle hole in each and a torque link bar that connects the caliper bracket to one of the fixed fork legs, allowing movement. I pulled the axle and 5 additional bolts to disassemble. Cleaned, greased, reassembled and torqued to spec.

Probably won't feel a bit of difference when riding...but I feel better knowing I did it. And it gave me something to do tonight! (the wife and youngest daughter are in Las Vegas at a dance convention for my youngest)

Obligatory pics added.
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
Re: looking for a project
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2024, 08:54:52 AM »
... and now you can sleep easy Hawk.  Good job.
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()