Author Topic: Kymco 150 F2?  (Read 425 times)

Ponyroper

• View Profile
Kymco 150 F2?
« on: July 11, 2024, 03:17:27 PM »
New member here looking for information on Kymco scooters. I am looking for a scooter to use around campgrounds when I go camping and found one advertised on a local online web site. I haven't seen it in person yet as it is over 400 miles away from where I live but if the seller answers my questions I would go look at it. It is advertised as a 2007 with a 150cc motor, automatic transmission and 327 miles on the odometer. In the pictures it looks very clean with no visible road rash or damage but the seller didn't know what model it actually was. I asked for pictures of the serial number tag and he/she said they would send me one today. They said the bike had been setting for years in a garage before they bought it and they went through the carb and that it runs great now. Is there any information I can get off the serial tag like model or manufacture date, etc? What are some things I should be looking for on a bike that age and condition? The seller has it priced at $1400 and has had it listed on the web site for 8 weeks so maybe they will take a lower offer. Any advice or info would be appreciated. Is there a way to post pictures on this forum? Thank you for any help.

Ponyroper

• View Profile
Re: Kymco 150 F2?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2024, 03:19:13 PM »
Forgot to mention that the only marking on the bike is "F2" on both sides of the read panels.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2024, 04:13:15 PM »
Hi Ponyroper, welcome to the forum!

To take your last Q first, I've begun using this site to post pictures https://postimg.cc/ had it recommended by one of the Admins and it works great.

As for what to look for...  At that age I'd be interested in the state of the tyres e.g. are they showing any signs of perishing, cracks etc?  At that low mileage, they're likely to be OEM stuff so that'd be the first expense I'd factor in, you are going to need to change them!

If it runs, great.  As a precaution though you will want to change all the fluids and filters and grease all cables and moving parts. (Brake discs & pads excluded obvs!)

150cc back in 2007 on the US market it's likely to be a People or a Bet & Win:  https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=Kymco+150+scooter+USA+model+year+2007

Keep us posted as it sounds like an interesting project.  Hit them with an opening offer of $1,000 if you like it?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2024, 04:15:10 PM by Neil955i »
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Ponyroper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2024, 04:43:07 PM »
Neil, thanks for the reply. I have looked at both the 150 People and the 150 Bet and Win and it doesn't seem to look like either one. It doesn't have digital instruments and the profile seems a little different than either one. I wonder if it's not an older model. I'll try to post some pictures. I haven't heard back from the seller yet but I see he did get my message from last night. If he/she doesn't respond I'll take it that the ad was from a scammer. There are 2 other Kymcos on the site. Both are 2015 models. One is a Super 8 50 for $900 and the other is an Agility 50 for $1400. I don't think either one would work for me because I weigh 245# and I don't think they have enough power for anything but doddling around the neighborhood.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2024, 07:08:03 PM »
And you’re sure that’s a Kymco?  Can’t see a manufacturer’s name or logo anywhere which is unusual?
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2024, 10:29:01 PM »
Neil, my first thought, as well. Every Kymco I've ever seen had the name prominently displayed on it. My guess is a no name Chinese bike...in that case don't walk, run away!

Closer look appears to have only 1 rear shock. every 125 and up Kymco I've seen has 2 rear shocks. 1 rear shock is usually a feature on 50cc scoots. There is no Kymco logo on the dash, front end or seat...

Not the first time someone misrepresents a bike on FB..I see many called 'Honda' when in fact they are generic Chinese scoots.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2024, 10:34:06 PM by Iahawk »
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2024, 11:50:49 PM »
Hello,
That is not a Kymco scooter.
Best bet is that it is an "internet scooter", which arrives to your driveway in a crate - for "your final assembly". Many arrived this way from the seller - but then many were purchased in bulk by dealers, who resold them. NOT your typical scooter dealers of brand name scooters in any sense of the word "dealer". (Kymco, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, Piaggio, etc.) I've seen 'them sold as new from used car lots.
In any event it is Chinese.

Proof is on the manufacture information which will be found behind that vertical plastic 1"X4" panel in front of your knees in the leg shield. Pry it off and.....you can google the VIN found there. It is made in China, but what year and what engine size? IS there an owner's manual?

Cost in 2007 probably was from $650 > $1200 if it was a home delivered internet purchase. If from a dealer  - his mark-up could have been embarrassing for a shiny red scooter!

Model specific parts for this internet special could be an adventure - since it is not dealer supported in the USA. But as is - it could work as a scooter to ride around camp grounds, no more than 150>200 miles a year. Current parts could last that long.

A set of tires installed will be at least $200.

You're right to shy away from 50cc scooters!

Let us know....
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Ponyroper

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2024, 12:05:20 AM »
Well that makes sense! I wondered why the pictures didn't match any Kymco models I researched. It also is probably why the seller has not responded to my request for a picture of the VIN and serial number tag. Thanks to all of you who helped me out on this deal. It's very likely this seller is an online scammer and I've called out a few of them in the past. I may be old but I'm not stupid. Thanks again guys. Glad I found this forum.

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2024, 01:03:07 AM »
Kymcos are very good, solid, reliable scoots...and there are plenty around. Good luck in your search.
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2024, 12:30:25 PM »
A clean used Agility 125 will haul you around town - not on the highway.
These scoots are bullet proof if run regularly.....NOT having sat 2 yrs in a garage!

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()