Author Topic: Trying to rebuild 2009 Kymco People 50 2T  (Read 584 times)

CJwasHere5

• View Profile
Trying to rebuild 2009 Kymco People 50 2T
« on: July 13, 2024, 08:13:30 AM »
I have a Kymco People 2T I bought about 3 days ago, Ive been driving it almost non stop but today the electric start wasn't working so I had to charge my battery then it started, I'm thinking an issue with the stator. I also have oil leaking out from my air box as well as the kick start on the moped doesn't work either, it spins the starter but the kickstarter just gets stuck down and doesn't spring up. Also the moped runs at around 35-40 I've seen that it can do around 50 stock so I'm just wondering where I can get parts to fix the issues I've been having. This is my first moped and first every vehicle so I would like it to run reliably and be able to do over 35, at least 45-50. Any help would be much appreciated as I have no idea what I'm doing

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to rebuild 2009 Kymco People 50 2T
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2024, 10:40:47 PM »
Welcome to the forum!
Can't help with your current issues - but will say 35MPH is the norm from a 50cc.
Pretty sure that 50mph from a T-2 requires cc increase....hence an engine rebuild and trick exhaust and some breathing on the CVT parts. Life expectancy for a 45>50MPH 50 is not great.
Might be cheaper and certainly less head-ache to find a nice used 125.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()