Author Topic: Hard case on DT300  (Read 363 times)

vale

• View Profile
Hard case on DT300
« on: July 15, 2024, 08:12:40 PM »
I have a dt300 that have a monokey base with a givi v56 box
I also have some big photographic gear that i need to transport. Although I can fit some foam inside the givi case and use it (and i need to buy a wheel adapter for it to transform it into a trolley) it will be a bit of unknown of how good this solution is and how long will last. The other solution is a hard case as the image attached, which is a better solution. But I have no ideea how can I secure it on my DT.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
Re: Hard case on DT300
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2024, 06:37:58 AM »
Only a related thought Vale, but what would a 65l top case loaded with photographic gear do to the handling of your DT300?  I know my 35l Shad case has a load limit of 15 kgs, probably for that reason?
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

vale

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2024, 07:03:25 AM »
Not sure that I understand completly your question (english is not my language) but curently, my photo backpack weights about 10kg.
With the new setup (that plastic box alone weights 8+ kg and my extra gear another 2) the overall weight will be around 15-17kg. Considering that i want to put it along the seat (like as a pasager) I don't think that it will impact the handling. But maybe I miss something and that's why forums are great to point out :)

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2024, 08:41:44 AM »
Not sure that I understand completly your question (english is not my language) but curently, my photo backpack weights about 10kg.
With the new setup (that plastic box alone weights 8+ kg and my extra gear another 2) the overall weight will be around 15-17kg. Considering that i want to put it along the seat (like as a pasager) I don't think that it will impact the handling. But maybe I miss something and that's why forums are great to point out :)

No.  My mistake!  I overestimated the likely weight of your gear and if the pillion pad is taking the weight anyway, no problem.  Ignore what I said before!
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2024, 02:17:10 PM »
To my American eye - that big box looks massively ungainly for the rear of a scooter !
But I've seen that non-Americans have a very different take on their carried cargo!

Hope you get it sorted to your needs.
Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()