Author Topic: 2024 AK 550i ABS (US model) GPS mounting options  (Read 1027 times)

Hornblower

• View Profile
Re: 2024 AK 550i ABS (US model) GPS mounting options
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2024, 06:13:19 PM »
On second thought, I think I'll just add a 12V motorcycle fuse block. I found one pretty cheap that handles 4 circuits. As you suggested, Bob, I'll still use the wire you pointed out for the trigger. The nice thing about these fuse blocks is that they include an internal relay and provide a really neat way to connect multiple devices that come on with the ignition.

rjs987

• 2022 Kymco AK 550 - Matte Deep Blue
  • Central Iowa
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2024, 03:14:45 PM »
Since all of my photos that are taken with my Pixel phone are WAY TOO BIG (3-5 megabytes each) they won't directly drop into any posts here without going through the task of severely resizing them. Posts on this forum don't allow any photo to be more than 1024 KB.

Therefore I simply share a link from my Google Photos repository. That way I can also select a series of photos in one link and potentially end up with WAY more than the limit of 4 per post allowed here. On other forums I attach my pics directly and the forum software resizes as needed... or not. Those forums accept full sized photos.

You can try to insert photos directly, or use the "Attachments and other options" link under the reply box. This will work for pictures that are a smaller file size. I will sometimes do that with a picture I capture from a web search since those are saved as a much smaller file size than my own photos.
/bob
2022 Kymco AK 550 Super Touring Extreme in Matte Deep Blue
RETIRED - US Navy and Air National Guard and civilian career

Hornblower

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2024, 07:56:14 PM »
Since all of my photos that are taken with my Pixel phone are WAY TOO BIG (3-5 megabytes each) they won't directly drop into any posts here without going through the task of severely resizing them. Posts on this forum don't allow any photo to be more than 1024 KB.

Therefore I simply share a link from my Google Photos repository. That way I can also select a series of photos in one link and potentially end up with WAY more than the limit of 4 per post allowed here. On other forums I attach my pics directly and the forum software resizes as needed... or not. Those forums accept full sized photos.

As it turns out, I already have Google Photos on my Android phone. What's the process for adding a photo to a post on this site? Do I select the photo in Google Photos, click on "share" and then, click on "create link"? Any other steps? Thanks, Bob!

rjs987

• Central Iowa
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2024, 01:35:19 PM »
As it turns out, I already have Google Photos on my Android phone. What's the process for adding a photo to a post on this site? Do I select the photo in Google Photos, click on "share" and then, click on "create link"? Any other steps? Thanks, Bob!

Your next step after creating and copying the link is to insert that link in your post. Look at the buttons across the top of the reply box and in the second row, the 3rd one from the left, you'll see a link that looks like a globe with a document in the corner. That's the Insert Hyperlink button. You set the flashing cursor (flashing "|" (that's a vertical bar, not a lower case L or capitol i))where you want that to be in your post. Then you paste the photo link between the codes as indicated here...

(url)insert link here(/url)

I changed the square brackets in the code to parentheses to allow it to show up for you. DON'T do anything within the brackets or it won't work right same as when you quote a message. You always leave the brackets and what is between the brackets alone.
/bob

Hornblower

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2024, 02:49:48 PM »

rjs987

• Central Iowa
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2024, 10:43:29 PM »
/bob

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2024, 01:41:02 PM »
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()