Author Topic: Kymco sale! NOT GOOD!  (Read 2135 times)

sc00ter

• View Profile
Kymco sale! NOT GOOD!
« on: January 03, 2011, 05:03:50 AM »
Our local Kymco dealer (All-Out Cycles) has all 09 Kymcos 20% off for year end clearance. Reason its not good-the only Grandvista they have is white and I hate white. I know its only a color but I could learn to like white at that price. Might go there Monday and kick tires. What makes it even worse is a friend is using the Buddy 125 and asked me how much would I sell it for. The good thing is they wont do a trade-in on the Zuma 125 (never gave me a reason) and thats paid for, so it kinda offsets the temptation a little.

MrKymco

• View Profile
Re: Kymco sale! NOT GOOD!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 01:38:01 PM »
bet you can do better then 20% off, too

i'd just make a super low offer and wait for a call back if not accepted on the spot  ;D

i like the Grand Vista in white. a place in Ohio has one for $2750 with freight and prep waived. so if they can do that, i figure another dealer could at least come close. plus Kymco has $700 off some models already as a facotry promotion. don't know if the GV is one of them, but if so....i just bet you can do better then 20%

i mean think about it. its 2011, and these are 2009 scoots. they gotta go!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 01:42:58 PM by MrKymco »
scoots!

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 04:10:48 PM »
For some reason I like the Grandvista in white.  A very classy looking machine which the white makes even classier.  Just my taste, I guess.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 05:55:50 PM »
Could not care less about the color.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

sc00ter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 07:59:14 PM »
I thought I could care less about the color also. I didnt even think twice, yuck! Not in white. Someone else can get it. Plus, I dont get a good vibe from the dealer, so that didnt help matters (or color) either. Guess I will just hold out thru the winter/spring like I planned on in the first place.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 08:18:01 PM »
zumas are good bikes keep it . not worth the trade.
besides if you hold off you can do better and have 2 scoots.

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 11:36:32 PM »
Guess I will just hold out thru the winter/spring like I planned on in the first place.

Don't wait too long -- or you'll be doing what local customers were doing in the wake of Hurricane Katrina: Putting down a deposit and waiting six weeks to take delivery of a Taiwanese scooter, and paying full MSRP + prep and freight.

We all know gas prices are gonna go way the hell up -- they're already making the climb. The Taiwanese manufacturers and their U.S. distributors are not showing that they learned anything post-Katrina, and are not planning radical increases in stock availability. Hopefully, Honda and Yamaha will have more sense (and dang, I'd love one of those PCX125s).

So, I'd grab that GV if you have your heart set on a 250cc, and getting a good deal while the gettin' is good.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 03:28:31 AM »
white is easy to rattle can over.

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 10:04:22 PM »
Just purchased a Downtown 300i and previously looked at the Grand Vista but seated on it, I felt the crowding between the handle bars and the seat. I was surprised that it was so tight. Went into the 300i after having the Peoples S200 which I thought was  a 200 cc but was surprised to find it was a 160 some. I understand the Peoples may not be shipped to the U.S. readily anymore. Looking forward to warm weather to get to use this new one!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()