Author Topic: Super 8 2T air box/ carb question.  (Read 449 times)

TXSUPER8

• View Profile
Super 8 2T air box/ carb question.
« on: July 27, 2024, 04:06:19 PM »
Are kymcos similar to honda elites af16 i know the kymco is not a af16 and is vertical like a minarelli . BUT Being they use the same style stock carb with the electric choke with the honda elite sr50 I have if running the stock carb you MUST run the stock air box even if you do a BBK and up jet you cannot run a pod filter or it runs like absolute crap. My super 8 has a malossi kit and pipe and head . But the previous owner left the stock carb when way up on the jet and put a pod filter does it need the oem airbox to run good with the stock carb?. I'm weighing my options to get like a polini cp19 or somthing similar

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Super 8 2T air box/ carb question.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2024, 07:59:39 PM »
Welcome to the forum!

That about sums up my knowledge of 50's.
Hope you get the answers you need.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

TXSUPER8

• View Profile
Re: Super 8 2T air box/ carb question.
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2024, 09:01:57 PM »
i did a bunch of research . SO it seems if you want to maintain the stock style carb setup using the stock throttle cable they do make a couple carbs Arreche 17.5mm is one that literally bolts on although they are almost 200$ for the carb alone without any jets... im more than likely going to get a scooterswapshop adapter for the carb + delete the oil pump as everything ive read you have to add 1oz of extra oil in the tank to meet the new bbk needs and thats pushing it.. so figure just delete the gear on the oil pump aka deleted* and run premix.. will need a couple odds and ends ( adapter like 28$/carb 100$/ cable setup like 30ish.. i think going with a 21mm dellorto BS carb will be 1. easy to tune .. and 2. way way more power and around the same price as doing the Arreche 17.5mm. should be night and day difference using the 21mm vs 17.5mm should have more top end and overall power

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()