Author Topic: Help! How to dismantle the top of kymco agility 200 handlebars  (Read 491 times)

Nikkymco

• View Profile
Hi, good day. I know nothing about motorcycles. But bought a kymco agility 200i and want to change the color and thought of doing it myself.

So I dismantled the whole motorcycle but the handlebars. I took out the few screws it had but can't continue further. I don't understand how to continue. Does someone know?? Thanks. I only want to take out the plastics to paint, not interested in touching the mechanics.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Help! How to dismantle the top of kymco agility 200 handlebars
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2024, 01:52:49 AM »
Hi, good day. I know nothing about motorcycles. But bought a kymco agility 200i and want to change the color and thought of doing it myself.

So I dismantled the whole motorcycle but the handlebars. I took out the few screws it had but can't continue further. I don't understand how to continue. Does someone know?? Thanks. I only want to take out the plastics to paint, not interested in touching the mechanics.
Not sure how/why you "locked" responses to you post.
But I'll take a shot at your handlebar plastic.
When all screws visible, up, under. around, have been removed try pinching the rear half-panel....with your hands. Slip thin blade (pizza wheel) between the halves and pry gently and squeeze  the back half of the
clam shell.
Clips along that edge...usually.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()