Author Topic: 2 issues  (Read 495 times)

micahneedham12

• View Profile
2 issues
« on: August 06, 2024, 05:39:36 PM »
I just changed the oil on my 2011 like 200i and every time i do it really doesnt want to start and has to crank many times and long before it finally does then starts good, is there something im doing wrong with that?

Other thing is this is super on and off but sometimes on start the back wheel will be spinning sort of fast or idling for a long time sometimes causes this, what would the issue be and how could i help it?

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
Re: 2 issues
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2024, 06:34:12 PM »
OK, first problem...after draining and refilling your engine with new oil you then have a hard time starting if after? There is nothing that changing oil would do...but it may have something to do with how you run the scoot before the oil change...how long it sits during the change..and then the hard starting.

For example, let's say before an oil change you idle the motor for 5 minutes then shut it off. You spend maybe 15 minutes doing the oil change and then upon trying to restart it is hard starting. Can you recreate this exact scenario but without changing your oil in between? I'm just guessing...but it may be related to how you run the bike prior to oil change, how long it sits for oil change and then trying to start it after..?? (meaning it may be purely coincidental and has nothing to do with your oil change)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2024, 12:48:58 PM by Iahawk »
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: 2 issues
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2024, 09:24:11 PM »
Is it possible for you to post a youtube of your no-start cranking, and the loping idle that spins the rear tire?
The EFI system used in the LIKE200i needs a healthy battery - after which it is famous for its near instant starting, in all weather and temperatures.....if the throttle is not touched! Just 'key on, pull brake lever, push start button'!

Any hard start with a LIKE200i which occurs after you've added the correct amount of oil following an oil change is coincidental. One has nothing to do with the other.

The LIKE may require a touch of throttle when starting after a lengthy very high speed ride - otherwise the throttle is never used during the start procedure.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()