Author Topic: Rear tailight issue  (Read 114 times)

kymcorider95

• View Profile
Rear tailight issue
« on: September 19, 2024, 01:58:41 PM »
Hello,
I have a 2013 300GTI that seems to be having issues with the tailight. First, I bought it with an LED bulb in it and that seemed to work for awhile, then I noticed it was not working. I thought that maybe it was the wire or switch so I took apart the handlebars to check the connections. Those were all good so I started searching for a new bulb. They are nearly impossible to find it seems, and ended up getting a new one from LEDPerf. Put the bulb in and it worked great; flashes, steady on at idle, etc. Rode 4 miles to work and noticed when I went home it wasn't working again. No flash and no on at idle. Why would this keep breaking? Any easy way to trace wiring like removing the seat or body panel. Would a fuse or ground do this? Any other good sources to buy a tail light bulb besides this one foreign website? 

Ruffus

• View Profile
Re: Rear tailight issue
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2024, 07:41:44 PM »
@kymcorider95 welcome here!

Reading your post  I would start to check my regulator/rectifier for being shot or partly demaged to produce to high a voltage.

-take a multimeter

-put leads on batterys poles or better disconnect the plug which comes with red and green from reg/rec to battery and measure there

-start the scoot
-reads more than 15.O or up to 17.0 VDC?
-if YES, your reg/rec is to be replaced

-if NO, well,  come back and we will search

LEDs are sometimes not high quality and ICs in there fail occasionally.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2024, 07:45:28 PM by Ruffus »
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

kymcorider95

• View Profile
Re: Rear tailight issue
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2024, 06:45:52 PM »
Thanks! I will make sure to check that and report back my findings. Hoping it is something easy to pin point. I'm pretty mechanically inclined and this one has thrown me for a little loop.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()