Author Topic: Top Cases-Do you have one and what do you recommend for additional storage.  (Read 1588 times)

Belkwinith

• View Profile
Hi,
I just received my GIVI 39 liter top case in ivory to match my People 150. Needless to say, the thing is HUGE! I think I made a mistake because it just looks crazy big for my 150. I wanted additional storage and to be seen better in traffic, and this was recommended for the 150, but I wish I had seen a photo with one on a 150 first. So now what do I do? Suggestions anyone?

-Belkwinith

Calothrix

• View Profile
Do any of the larger Kymco scooters come in ivory?  Perhaps someone on this forum may be interested or you could try selling it on Ebay.  I have heard that SHAD is a pretty good name and they make a 29 liter top case to match your scooter ( see http://www.kymcoaccessories.com/s29main.htm ).  I would think a matte black finish top case would also look good on your scooter.  So you might consider the Givi E260 or E30 ( http://www.giviusa.com/caschi_borse_bauli_accessori.asp?cat=352&lang=en ) or the SHAD SH29 ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/29-LITRE-SHAD-SCOOTER-MOTORCYCLE-HARD-CASE-TRUNK_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1031Q7c39Q3a1Q7c66Q3a4Q7c65Q3a12Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem180281018701QQitemZ180281018701 )   Good Luck!

Belkwinith

• View Profile
Thanks C.,
Yep I am going to contact the shop and see if they will let me return it. I don't know what they are thinking - saying that a 39 liter Top Case will fix a 50 or 150. It looks like a spaceship landed on the back of my scooter. :o Honestly, it should be recommended for larger models only.
I don't think any of the larger Kymco models come in ivory but if worse comes to worse, it will be on ebay or craigslist.
This is why I don't like to buy things off the internet.
I'm going to check out some of your recommendations. I know there was a craigslist for topcases last weekend here is Illinois. They were going for $39.95 each! Of course this happened after I ordered mine.
I suppose the ruled when buying accessories are: take your time, get educated, make sure the size is a match for your scooter and your needs. And don't let any sales person talk you into anything! :D

-Belkwinith

CelticCross

• View Profile
I have the Givi E370 case on my P150. Since the back of the case is narrower than the middle, If my attache wasn't flexible, I wouldn't be able to get it into this case. I wish the case was larger.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 10:53:48 PM by CelticCross »

TechGuy

• View Profile
Re: Top Cases-Do you have one and what do you recommend for additional storage.
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 07:51:58 PM »
What did you end up doing with the topcase?  I have a 29L box by Ital Soft?  I have a P250.  My case "just" holds my XXL full face modular helmet.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()