Author Topic: more power........................  (Read 1532 times)

axy

• View Profile
Re: more power........................
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 01:09:16 PM »
This chip allegedly provides around 2 hp more in mid range and 4-5 hp more at the top for 100 hp engine.
I doubt it does even that, but for 40 hp engine, these numbers would be inside margin of statistical error.
Waste of money, just like with naturally aspirated car engines and chip tuning.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

ts1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 01:55:56 PM »
I'm with axy.

Furthermore we (in .de) have periodical emission tests.
The manufacturer already did his best to provide clean burning with much durability and power. And the manufacturer knows his product better than any 3rd party.

I have never heard of such an universal chip to have an EC type approval. Only this would prove that the chip complies with the law.
But this thourough test would also prove if the chip is really better - or (probable!) worse.

spr0k3t

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 02:02:15 PM »
Chip tuning does nothing but waste gas.  These chips tell the injector to run rich rather than a good mix between, then advance the timing in an attempt to "spark hot" rather than a few mm past TDC in the chamber.  That's it, a gas and timing gimmic.  If you want more horse power, plan to pay at least $100 per hp in other modifications.

Best modifications that can be done to increase performance for the cheapest price (bang for buck) is to upgrade your intake and exhaust.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()