Author Topic: Where to get parts & Headlight size for Downtown 300i  (Read 13364 times)

ailixhomes

• View Profile
Re: Where to get parts & Headlight size for Downtown 300i
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2012, 07:39:13 AM »
I think online store is the best place to scooter parts. There are lots of online store and some online stores are the dealer who provide all parts of you vehicles so i think you get good parts from online store. It provide all size of part which easily fitted in our vehicles. Online store offer great price on each part of vehicles.

Motown

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2012, 03:08:50 AM »
I too replaced my turn and stop lights with LED's. I bought the resistors, but found that you don't need them on US bikes. I seems because the turn signals front are LED,you have a resistor or a LED rated flash or (winker). I'm replacing headlamps with Nokya Artic white 55w 7000k bulbs,same has my chevy van bright and a blue tint.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2012, 06:20:45 AM »
You don't need load resistors, just change the flasher to one designed for led. It will plug in in place of the original.

Yes 100%. Load resistors will defeat the purpose of installing LEDs which is to lower electric draw. With load resistors, you will still have the power draw of ordinary bulbs.  Load resistors also heat up and may melt some part near it.

Motown

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2012, 03:34:18 AM »
It appears from my US Kymco DT 300i,that the replacement of LED bulbs in my bike ,was just changing the bulbs.LED's worked great. Replaced my H8's with Nokya Artic White 55w 7000k bulbs Halogen bulbs. High & low beams are the same bulb H8. Night ride is way brighter. LED's in rear way brighter.

Adept

• Empaticus Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2018, 08:44:43 AM »
Hi
Where can I get the original LED lights around the headlight bulb?
Do you have any sources for that?

Thanks!!!

I have a barely used (200km)14gr Dr Pulley rollers to SELL!! Send a PM if you interested in...

kneeslider

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2018, 02:56:34 AM »
LED technology has come a long way, to the point where the ballast/heat sinks can now be incorporated into the base on the bulb. They are also a direct Plug and Play from halogen to LED.

Plenty around to choose from, but here is an example of a manufacturer.

https://www.nighteyeled.com/

Hi
Where can I get the original LED lights around the headlight bulb?
Do you have any sources for that?

Thanks!!!
2019 Yamaha X-Max 250

Adept

• Empaticus Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2018, 03:43:34 AM »
But did anyone change the LEDs in the headlight yet?
I did not find anything in the manual about it..

I have a barely used (200km)14gr Dr Pulley rollers to SELL!! Send a PM if you interested in...

stuo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2018, 03:49:21 AM »
I get the oil filter on ebay: seven bucks and change, postage included.
2009 GV 250

Adept

• Empaticus Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2018, 05:42:20 AM »
And any idea about the LED I asked for? ;)

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2018, 01:11:06 PM »
Yes, there are plenty of headlight LED replacements but none are worthy yet. Several "brands" available from China but the LED configuration is not compatible with the existing lens/reflector. There is recently on ADVrider.com forum a guy selling headlamp replacements that are promising for 129 bucks apiece. That is just a bit out of my ballpark. The Like 150i seems to have an excellent headlamp assembly with proper beam pattern. It was designed correctly. I have quit looking.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

kneeslider

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2018, 01:05:35 AM »
Yes I agree on this. I have a dark spot on my Kymco right in front about 2-3m directly ahead. The manufactures safeguard themselves by stating that they are for fog lights, not headlights.  I still use them because overall, they shine more light on the road than the halogen ever could.

Yes, there are plenty of headlight LED replacements but none are worthy yet. Several "brands" available from China but the LED configuration is not compatible with the existing lens/reflector. There is recently on ADVrider.com forum a guy selling headlamp replacements that are promising for 129 bucks apiece. That is just a bit out of my ballpark. The Like 150i seems to have an excellent headlamp assembly with proper beam pattern. It was designed correctly. I have quit looking.
2019 Yamaha X-Max 250

cb325

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2019, 09:34:46 PM »
And any idea about the LED I asked for? ;)

Are you talking about the round ring of LED lights around the main lights? If so, I too would love to know how to replace one since one has been out for a while.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()