Author Topic: GV seating question  (Read 3153 times)

DreamLeaner

• View Profile
GV seating question
« on: February 02, 2011, 07:31:48 PM »
I know this topic has probably been covered before, but here goes anyway.

I'm considering the Grand Vista as an upgrade from my current Chinese 150cc scoot.  The only thing holding me back is that it feels a little bit tight between the seat and the handlebars on the GV.

I have heard that there is a "touring seat" for the GV.  Does this seat move the rider back at all and does it add much to the seat height.  I can flat foot the bike fine with the stock seat and I probably have little bit extra.

Just looking for opinions/information before I buy.

Rick
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 07:33:38 PM by DreamLeaner »

Urbestfriend

• View Profile
Re: GV seating question
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 07:43:17 PM »
Did you read the "GV Touring Seat"  thread just below on the list ?
I too,  have somewhat of an interest in the seat,  but the price
is pretty hefty  (I think almost $300.00).    It really looks nicer though.
I think it's probably the backrest.  It hard to get a comfortable scooter
seat. 

DreamLeaner

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 09:27:02 PM »
Yes, I did read the other thread.  I seemed to be more about modifying the seat rather than how the touring seat is different from the stock seat.  I would like about 1-2" farther back and maybe 1/2-1" higher.  I can flat foot (with room to spare), but due to a handicap that I have I also have to be concerned with the seat to floorboard height.  If the seat to floorboard height is too small then I have a hard time getting my feet up and down.  I will sit on one in the riding position (stock seat) over the weekend.

Rick

Treynor1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 02:45:15 AM »
The touring seat will sit you up about one inch higher but the trade-off is it is also one inch closer to the dash.  The best feature is the lumbar support.  I am the one that modified my touring seat by moving  the lumbar support back two inches and lowering the seat one inch.  I am5 foot 9 inches with a 30 inch inseam and I needed to get closer to the ground.  I love this seat now.  I have ridden for 10 plus hours without getting tired.  The mod. Was 200 bucks plus the cost of the seat is approximate 249 so it does get pricey. 

Agent Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 12:24:57 AM »

DreamLeaner

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 01:28:47 AM »
I went and sat on a Grand Vista again over the week and it turns out the distance between the seat and handlebars isn't a problem after all.  Everything on the Grand Vista seems to fit me well.

So...after many moons of looking at many different models and narrowing the field down...I put a deposit on a Grand Vista today at my local dealership (none is stock had to be ordered).  The new scoot should be here by Tues next week.

Rick
(now to shop for accessories).

MaryK

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 05:03:09 PM »
Great news... another GV owner.

What color did you buy ?

Where are you located ?

I'm in Southeast Arkansas

Scoot Safely

New Rider in 2010

2009 GrandVista 250

DreamLeaner

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 07:13:11 PM »
The new scoot will be a White 2009.
I'm located in Northern Calif.

scootit

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011, 02:49:22 AM »
Did you get your scooter yet??? I just got mine and need to do some adjustment to the seat. How close are you to the Golden gate Bridge? I will look for you!!!
Scootit

DreamLeaner

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2011, 03:42:25 AM »
Scootit,

Yes, my new Grand Vista is in my garage.  It is night and day different from riding my 150cc Chinese bike.  My only dislike is the somewhat hard seat

I'm down in San Jose so you probably won't see me around the Bridge.  If you're down in my neck of the woods drop me a line and maybe we can get together.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 03:46:11 AM by DreamLeaner »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()