Author Topic: Kymco agility city 125cc  (Read 2304 times)

Bubba5355

• View Profile
Kymco agility city 125cc
« on: February 06, 2011, 12:28:20 PM »
I have agility city 125cc 08 plate 5000miles on clock it judders when setting off. Just had rollers replaced it is a bit better but still judders what else could I do to sort the judder out and what would the cost be to sort ???? Could it be that the clutch needs cleaning ???

glopezz05

• View Profile
Re: Kymco agility city 125cc
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 03:19:57 PM »
Standards are deglaze the clutch pads, the clutch bell too.

Check the variable... Could be the ramps are worn...

New belt?
Im usually on a bicycle, so for me, this thing is hauling ass!

Bubba5355

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 03:43:46 PM »
Is it going to cost a lot to get all that done ?

MrKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 10:35:21 PM »
even if not mechanically inclined it often pays to invest in some fairly inexpensive tools to do these things yourself. point being you might pay as much for one service as you would on tools and parts to do this stuff yourself time and time again. so invest once to be a DIY'er, or keep paying someone else to do it

i am just learning this stuff myself, but i do understand the parts in a CVT are all hardware, nothing more. i am learning about the clutch atm just by researching on the internet. at 5000 miles i would say you most likely don't need any parts replaced, but a good cleaning of the CVT may do you some good. but i am not an expert, just a novice like you

its said when taking apart a clutch to replace say, the springs, replacing some other parts is good, too. especially if paying someone. let's say you pay someone to replace the springs?  well what if the bell is wearing, too...but still ok. 2000 miles later the bell NEEDS replacement. well now you have just doubled your labor cost when you could have done that and more and rode for many thousands more miles without needing to do anything else to it because you would have done it all in one shot

i am sure you have been researching yourself, but look at this video. this is a girl taking apart her CVT with a few simple tools and doing routine maintenance on it. she just wanted to change the belt, but while she was at it did some extra cleaning and greasing and what not. if  it looks like you can do what she does...well... it's because you can!

here she is simply replacing the entire system. she even says "i am new at this" and "i barely know what i'm doing." but she does it!  video quality improves when she gets to working

here is a guy who takes apart a clutch itself and shows how to reassemble. so all the pieces and parts can be upgraded, replaced, cleaned, or whatever

again, it's ALL just hardware, essentially. you can't really mess anything up. so if cost is an issue (i know it is with me) it pays to buy some good used tools or decent inexpensive new ones, and have a little set up of your own to do this stuff. this is how you change springs, for instance

now imagine if you just needed springs?  those are like $5 a piece for standard ones. but to get to them you have to pay someone to take apart the entire clutch! why not do it yourself, save money, and with the money you saved either replace other parts, or save it for when you decide to?

the thing is, over the life of your scooter you never know when "this or that" on the CVT will need servicing. so if you can service it yourself, woo hoo, that would be perfect!

some people even say "i am having no trouble but i replace this and that in total every two years." or every 8000 miles, or whatever. why? to prevent problems and save money!

as said, i am sort of in your boat, too. i need nothing right now, but don't plan on letting my little Agility 125 cost me too much, or need unexpected repairs that require throwing more money at it. so i am buying tools little by little, parts little by little, and will do the work when the time comes myself

that GIRL can do it. so can we! :)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 04:00:58 AM by MrKymco »
scoots!

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 08:34:22 PM »
Hey, that's pretty cool, MrKymco, thanks for posting this...gives a girl some new ideas...You're the best!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()